PDA

View Full Version : Test Drive - Wow!!

iambu
21-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Hi all,

I test drove the Scirocco yesterday, had it to myself for nearly 3 hours - and loved every second of it!!

I must admit I have never driven a car with similar power before (no where near it in fact), so I was blown away by the acceleration available!!

The DSG box is fantastic, before the test drive I would not have considered it, but now I would struggle to dismiss it! So stress free, especially I can imagine when stuck in a motorway traffic jam where it is constant start-stop-start. Some people might call me lazy for thinking that, but I just loved the way you could concentrate on driving it and not have to worry about the gears. Plus you always have the option of the semi-auto mode using the paddles.

Auto-hold function on hills is great also, no need to use the handbrake until you park up again!

The interior was as impressive as the engine. Touch screen radio system works brilliantly, and I was impressed by the acoustics of the standard system, I would easily be able to cope without upgrading to the Dynaudio package.

When I hopefully come to order one (looking for delivery start of next summer), I am hoping the factory fitted Bluetooth phone link is an option.

Would also want to test drive a 'rocco or another VW model with the sat nav fitted, to decide if it would be adequate for me - although I would love it vs. my TomTom in terms of no need to remove it from the windscreen when you park up, the very high price, and lack of functionality I think would put me off speccing it on a Scirocco.

Does anyone know if I went for the Servicing, Maintenance and Tyres add-on on a finance PCP deal, does that even cover punctures and blown bulbs? Anyone got a web link to a VW page which explains the policy in detail?

Going to start saving my pennies now to allow me to put down the maximum 30% deposit when I hopefully come to order (this date depends on where I will be working next year).

iroc
21-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Very pleased with mine. Glad you liked it, DSG is brilliant.

Make sure you read the small print in any insurance you take out to ensure it covers what you are expecting. Not found anything on VW but the link shows a cost for tyre repairs replacement insurance. Plenty out there to choose from.

http://www.car2cover.co.uk/Quote-Me-For-Tyre-Insurance

wigit
21-09-2008, 09:03 PM
i have had smt on two audis now, the t bit covers you for puncture repairs, however if the tyre is damaged beyond repair you will have to foot the bill. the t bit is excellant value when compared to the cost of tyres and if you have a 200ps tfsi engne you wll get through some front tyres. vag have a deal with national and you normally end up with contis, my car is on sport contacts 3s which are fine, bulbs are also covered and you may find you need the dealer to change them anyway

zf44
22-09-2008, 03:02 PM
We have the VW maintenance plan on both our cars (Golf Plus and Beetle) covering maintenance, servicing and tyres. I would highly recommend it and it does cover punctures, bulbs, etc. But you need to book it into your servicing dept to replace any of the parts. We have had tyres, wipers and all servicing costs carried out and covered in the plan in a very unstressful way. National carry out the tyre replacement and came to our home to replace the tyres.

coanda
12-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Hi,

First post here....

I test drove a manual for 90mins on Friday. I thought the manual box was a little vague, compared to what I currently drive (1.2 TCE Clio) and the OH's BMW mini, but nothing I couldn't adapt to.

The power and acceleration of the car is going to require some re-calibration of the senses, and am looking forward to it!

The car I drove had SatNav. Had a play with it and it all looked fairly reasonable. but not quite as intuitive as my garmin (not whole postcode either...) and seemed to have less options. The screen itself is nicely sized, works well and contrasts well in the non-sunroof interior (not seen a pano roof yet....). I dislike having to take my eyes away from the road to look at the map so I shall be keeping my current set-up and saving myself 1200 squid, although, compass directions are shown on the computer display right in front of you, so I wonder if you will get arrow directions there.....?

Needless to say, I ordered a car after the test drive!

Cheers

Coanda