PDA

View Full Version : Best result on removing light scratches??

andy_c_v
20-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Hi everyone, recently while driving down a B road, i was forced over into some bushes by sum idiot tearing it about....

Its left some light scratches down the side of my golf, which is black, so the white scratches show.

Just wonderd whats the best way to remove the scratches and restore her to her former glory!

Any info is much appreciated

IascaJimbo
21-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Hi everyone, recently while driving down a B road, i was forced over into some bushes by sum idiot tearing it about....

Its left some light scratches down the side of my golf, which is black, so the white scratches show.

Just wonderd whats the best way to remove the scratches and restore her to her former glory!

Any info is much appreciated

sounds like ur gonna need some paint chap, but you could try the colourd polishes like t cut etc for the time being to cover it up.............

andy_c_v
21-09-2008, 08:45 PM
i hate t cut, it wears down the surrounding paint, dont detailers do something that helps it?

Plife
22-09-2008, 01:01 PM
i hate t cut, it wears down the surrounding paint, dont detailers do something that helps it?
If it has gone through the clear coat there is nothing, bar a respray that can be done to remove the scratches. Detailers can machine polish it to smooth out the edges of the scratch to make it less visable - get a pro detailer to take a look.

DEBBIE.G
23-09-2008, 09:12 PM

As a rule if you can feel the scratch with your finger nail its has probably gone through the clear coat. You could maybe try wet sanding if that does not work it would be a paint job.
T-cut is a waste of time and the coloured stuff aswell thats just got fillers in it!!

smokey0123
23-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Get a Professional detailer to machine polish it for you. It will remove all the little scratches and swirl marks. Well worth the cost IMHO.

andy_c_v
28-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Does anyone know of a detailer in north kent????

DEBBIE.G
28-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Have a look here.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=40246