PDA

View Full Version : What Wax

twoco
20-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Hi, So got my new golf the other day browsing the manual and it says to use hard wax when waxing the car. Help !!!!!!!

What wax would any one recomend!!!!!!

Thanks Paul.

sparky68
20-09-2008, 12:57 PM
i use the new autoglym high definition wax its brilliant, £30 a pot tho :confused: but well worth it i think.

hth

Mark

DEBBIE.G
23-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Hi, So got my new golf the other day browsing the manual and it says to use hard wax when waxing the car. Help !!!!!!!

Thanks Paul.
Collinite 476s its bullet proof!!!!!!

smokey0123
23-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Another vote for collinite. It is probably worth claying the car before putting the 1st coat on.

Clinterous
25-09-2008, 07:43 PM
I use collinite, but as a hard sealer after a decent polish.

swivelonit
08-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Hi Guys, I use a Lucas Oil product called Slick Mist (http://www.lucasoil.co.uk/products.php?page=products&subpage=product&product=51)
Just wash the car and then with a micro fibre cloth spray a little Slick Mist on to the car and wipe off with another cloth so as any residue has gone. Slick Mist is good for Paintwork, Glass, Black trim and tyres! spray everything and wipe off, next time you wash your car the muck just falls off! It is used by NASCAR race teams to stop insects sticking to windscreens when racing.
It costs about £10 for 750 ml but 1 bottle has lasted me 1 year with several applications.
Try it, a lot less work than hard wax polishing! With better results.

Jamie

elitedetailer
10-11-2008, 01:56 PM

Thanks Paul.

I recommend Zaino. It's more durable than all the products mentioned above and will give a better finish all day long.