PDA

View Full Version : New member with few prob's

marty72
01-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Just joined today and have posted few questions how ever they have been posted in the wrong place as I didn't know how to post properly :dunno: I have a problem with my abs and my heater on a '97 A4 any ideas anyone?.
:beerchug: M

dieselfitter
02-02-2007, 01:07 AM
Firstly, I'm guessing you've got a knock in your ABS at slow speeds? Kinda feels like the ABS is cutting in sub 30mph and you get a vibration / knock through though brake pedal? Probably your front ABS sensors. Give them a good clean, should be straight forward enough and this may solve any probs. As for your heater, is it switching to full power by itself? Do you have Climate control? I believe the system will save power not / try to heat until there is sufficient temp / the car is warmed enough to provide efficient responce.
If it's none of these, please be more specific!

marty72
02-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi there the car drives great there is no abs pulsing at any speed ie the brakes will lock up if pressed hard enough,as for the heater it does have Climate control.Even after a recent trip from Glasgow to New Castle it was still not hot just luke warm I was also told by Audi that they couldn't reset my service indicator however when put onto my friends reader we could reset this but still had no coms with abs.Cheers Marty

jak
02-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Is the abs light on or off. If off-does it come on with just ignition on?

marty72
02-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Hi the abs light is on all the time and the info display shows the fault symbol when I first got the car it would be intermitantly work ok but has showen the fault constantly for some time now. Marty

jak
03-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Hi Marty
Wot reader u using (vagcom etc)

marty72
04-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Not sure think it my be the snap on reader my mate has.I've seen members using thier lap tops to read codes any idea were to get to software for this? M

zenmaster
04-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Regarding your heater. Could be various issues.

On my 97 a4, my heater matrix is blocked with crap that builds up over time, thus preventing coolant from circulating around the heater matrix.

My garage quoted me 300 quid for new matrix, although it is possible to flush the matrix carefully to flush out crap, there is danger of breaking matrix. Have a look at audiworld forum for information on this.

Also could be stuck thermostat, again look on audiworld for ways to check.

Good luck

marty72
05-02-2007, 02:31 AM
I think thermostat is not the problem as even when cars not moving but temp gauge showing hot still only luke warm air from heater. Will check out matrix to see if its blocked. Cheers M

jak
05-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Got mine from Ilexa but heard of people getting of e-bay or check RossTech site for info

marty72
08-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Well to update abs prob jumped into car today not used if for 5 days(got my toy back on the road 92 reg Vauxhall Calibra :biglaugh: ) started car an drove off only to find abs working ok no beeps no warning symbol and trip computer back in display panel where it belongs :arms: stopped at the shops and guess what??? yip abs fault back!!! :aargh4: Ain't cars great lol. M

madfella65
08-02-2007, 01:16 AM
im no pro by anymeans - but this sounds like a dodgy abs sensor

marty72
08-02-2007, 01:27 AM
If it were just the sensor wouldn't Audi been able to pick this up? They told me thier computer couldn't comunicate with the abs system at all.M

madfella65
08-02-2007, 01:51 AM
as i say im no pro - but it sounds like a sensor prob - maybe disconnect each sensor one at a time - anyone know if this causes a prob?

madfella65
08-02-2007, 01:58 AM
ALSO TRYTHIS LINK FOR INFOhttp://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1887&highlight=ABS+CONTROL

marty72
08-02-2007, 02:03 AM
Will check sensors tm and see if that helps.:beerchug: M