PDA

View Full Version : Modded S3 Questions

mikemac
18-09-2008, 10:39 PM
Im thinking of buying an S3 and would like to know a couple of things if thats cool.

I would want it to get to around 280 bhp if possible, what kind of money would I be talking to reach this figure? Would air filter, decat and a remap be enough? Wouls I also need new pipes and exhaust or is the standard sufficient?

What would the 0-60 be on a 280bhp S3? Mpg?

Lastly, are there any photos here of some S3's? Preferably ones that have been tastefully modified (different alloys etc).

Would appreciate any help/advice chaps.....

SEMKY
19-09-2008, 01:42 AM
Hi Mate,

Just a stage one remap will get any S3 to the 260-265 bhp mark, combine that with a filter (not induction kit...dont work well with these cars), and an exhaust, you should be well on the way to 280....
Just guestimating, you should be in the high 5s to 60, if not better...
Remap 399
Exhaust 450
Filter 50

Once bored with that, you are nearly ready for a stage 2 remap....300bhp +

I think they look great as standard to be honest, but attached looks pretty well.....

HTH!!:beerchug:

mikemac
19-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Thanks for that Semky, thats a great help.
Would it make sense to get the exhaust and filter first, then go straight in with the stage 2 remap or would I need other mods to cope with a stage 2? New manifolds, better brakes etc?
Thanks again :)

Crasher
19-09-2008, 11:06 AM
At that level of power you are pushing it for reliability depending on thee engine code

mikemac
19-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Ok, so it will probably be safe to stick at 280bhp then.

Can anyone here give me anymore 0-60 figures for a modded S3?

Im also thinking of getting a Impreza STI which is 300bhp standard, 0-60 5.3s, but obviously petrol and insurance is a lot worse. So the S3 is my more reliable choice, just wanted to check with you guys that good power is achievable.

euroslap
19-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Speak to Jabbasport, they're the best best by far for VAG Forced induction tuning and rather than having set maps for the specific model they do a custom map for everything (if anything) that has been modified on your car and even to the type of fuel you put in at the pump. I think it's about £450 for the full custom map and the rolling road time to set up. ;)