PDA

View Full Version : £1,300 Mot For Polo !!!!

Paulpro
18-09-2008, 03:31 PM
:zx11::zx11::zx11::zx11:

My 51 Reg POLO with 50k on the clock recently went in for its MOT & annual service at the Dealers (I know !!!). The service was duly done and then came the MOT. Oh Dear it failed due to a cracked front wishbone bush rubber and the Emissions were just over limit.

As it was just before my annual hols. I had to act fast to get it done in time so that I could then Tax the car immediately on return from holiday. They were able to do the bush for about £50 or so but they told me they would need to put the car onto the Vagcom to check the likely faults for the emissions at a cost of over £90 or so.

Of course nothing really showed so they decided to put a new coil pack on the third cylinder which had shown where there may have been a problem but, it made no difference. They then did a compression check on the cylinders and it showed that the third cylinder was leaking because of a poorly seated valve. The only thing to do then was to take the head off

Later on I got a phone call to say that the head would probably need rebuilding and although a rebuild would be slightly cheaper my best option would be to have a new C/Head unit. These cost around £650 or so but at least would be guaranteed for 2 years. Naturally I had to agree to all the work which would also include a fair bit of labour.

All in all, the service plus the MOT and the repairs cost almost £1,350 and that included a 10% discount because I asked if they could "make a gesture".

I just wonder if anyone else has had this happen. I've got over it a bit now but it makes me wonder if I would trust another VW again. :mad:

ikstece
19-09-2008, 12:21 AM
that's shocking mate i had done clutch + dual mass flywhell both 3yr guarantee new parts in formulaONE autocentre for my B6 1.9TDi 96KW 155Kmilleage at that time cost me £900 and last mot £40 bulb for front lights included done in sunday :) booked and done same day no major faults at all