PDA

View Full Version : Crash and Run....*$&*

SEMKY
18-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Heard a crash outside my window this morning, and just about saw a Black VW passat estate disappearing round the corner, after having driven into my neighbours Octavia VRS !!!!!!!!!!:zx11::zx11::zx11::zx11:

The driver knew full well that he had done it, so I jumped on my bike in an attempt to get the perps reg number, to no avail.
After an hour I gave up, but another neighbour caught the first part of the reg number

YF54...

:chairshot:buttkick:

Sam
18-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Ring the police, give them the car model, make and the first part of the reg.

They'll no doubt check their fancy national computer and pay the scroate a visit.

STEWY L
18-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Ring the police, give them the car model, make and the first part of the reg.

They'll no doubt check their fancy national computer and pay the scroate a visit.
hope you can get through to them-----your call is important to us-----?:zx11:

SEMKY
18-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Have passed it on to my neighbour (the car owner) as she has 'contacts' within the Police.....lets hope the little **** gets a visit!:AR15firin

Must have been goin at some speed, or on his phone or something cos he's done the wheel, wing, door etc...........does this make your blood boil or what???

Will update with any progress

STEWY L
18-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Have passed it on to my neighbour (the car owner) as she has 'contacts' within the Police.....lets hope the little **** gets a visit!:AR15firin

Must have been goin at some speed, or on his phone or something cos he's done the wheel, wing, door etc...........does this make your blood boil or what???

Will update with any progress
a passat you say?
has it occurred to you that the driver may be a forum member,god forbid:confused:
hope they get what's coming to them, :zx11:
stewy.

SEMKY
18-09-2008, 06:53 PM
a passat you say?
has it occurred to you that the driver may be a forum member,god forbid:confused:
stewy.

Yeah It did occur to me briefly, but then figured that surely no-one on here would sink sooooo LOW???:hitwithro

STEWY L
18-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Yeah It did occur to me briefly, but then figured that surely no-one on here would sink sooooo LOW???:hitwithro
members,no. they just wouldn't, but how many times do we reply to people who are asking for help,and having got what they wanted,never come back until they are after something else?
some don't even feed back the answer to the problem we have all been trying to solve.( granted, we are only guessing,not having seen,or heard
the car), but it's nice for someone to come back and tell the world what fixed the problem.
they won't be a member,i hope,but will have certainly "looked in"
take care,
stewy.

SEMKY
18-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Yeah Fair Play there Stewy!! I agree entirely!:beerchug:

RickT
18-09-2008, 11:41 PM
YF54...

:chairshot:buttkick:

Will keep our eyes open..

YF reg plate

Y = Yorkshire
F = DVLA LEEDS

So the the car was registered in Yorkshire at the Leeds DVLA office when new... could be anywhere in the UK now... but depending where you are it could be local.......

Rick

BDT
19-09-2008, 12:40 AM
"Hi.... I'm after a few parts for a 54 plate Passat, preferably in black.........."

:biglaugh:

(Sorry couldn't resist)

SEMKY
19-09-2008, 01:28 AM
"Hi.... I'm after a few parts for a 54 plate Passat, preferably in black.........."

:biglaugh:

(Sorry couldn't resist)

Brilliant!! LMAO:biglaugh::biglaugh: Surprised no-one got there sooner! ;)

Thanks for that Rick, didnt know it was a Yorkshire motor, but I am sure I have seen it around here before.....I'll get 'im!!!:buttkick:

Anyone on here a copper that could do a check for us? Or work for the DVLA? Would be very handy supporting companies eh?:D

stt
19-09-2008, 01:45 AM
might be worth having a look around local body shops to see if there are any passats in being repaired

SEMKY
19-09-2008, 01:53 AM
Yeah thanks STT , I have already covered that avenue, called into a few on my chase this morning, but will be doing the rounds tomorrow as it turns out they have done more damage than I first thought....grrrrrrrrrrrrr:zx11::zx11::zx11:

mluton
19-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Poor octavia vRS, hope they catch the scumbags

paul b
19-09-2008, 04:43 PM
This sort of thing is ridiculous. Who could just drive off? Hope the 'swear' gets caught and punished appropriately.

a passat you say?
stewy.

I hope it wasn't Desertfish! :p:p;)

Paul

RickT
19-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Depending on the area you live in... Is it a direct route to any big companies with car parks etc??

I would give it a week or 2 and then go hunting for the car in car parks...

To be honest.. the car could be from anywhere as you know.....

i could have a word with a contact at a VW garage and see if they can do a seach on UK reg cars... BUT,... the problem is you dont know how many black passats there are with that starting reg plate..... would hate to provide you with reg plates for inncocent people etc..

Rick

Ben
19-09-2008, 06:25 PM
data protection may hinder you as well.

SEMKY
19-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Rick, that sounds like a promising idea...if asked...there may not be many in this area? The guilty party will definitely be showing some damage along the passenger side. You could PM any info;)....

The other neighbour thinks there may have been a V in the last few letters too.....

Its not on the route to anywhere really, residential streets, but he came from the direction of a bank...the nice chap that owns the shop opposite is watching out for a return visit!

Oh well, perhaps the 'swear' will get away with it this time.

BDT
19-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Rick, that sounds like a promising idea...if asked...there may not be many in this area? The guilty party will definitely be showing some damage along the passenger side. You could PM any info;)....

The other neighbour thinks there may have been a V in the last few letters too.....

Its not on the route to anywhere really, residential streets, but he came from the direction of a bank...the nice chap that owns the shop opposite is watching out for a return visit!

Oh well, perhaps the 'swear' will get away with it this time.

Perhaps in a few weeks, he may think he's got away with it and drive past yet again, just out of curiosity?

SEMKY
19-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Perhaps in a few weeks, he may think he's got away with it and drive past yet again, just out of curiosity?

I'll be keeping an eye out for him, although will have a struggle proving it then...:zx11:
Hope he has a dodgy pint tonight!

RickT
19-09-2008, 10:33 PM
data protection may hinder you as well.

In regards to data protection.... the only info you can see is where a car was last serviced @ a VW dealer......

This information is free to who ever if you ask as there is no personal information stored, just details of the car..

Rick

philla4tdi
20-09-2008, 03:12 PM
careful you dont do something to infringe the dirty criminals human rights, they know the law very well in my experience and following them shows intent. they obviously deserve to have accupuncture in a lemon, but sadly the world is just not that fair..... i ran after a drunk guy who punched my old golfs wing mirror off and sat on him with some help from a neighbour, when the police turned up i was taken away for 'intent to cause bodily harm' because i had gone after him. if i had left him to run away and given the police a description i would have been alright. nothing came of it thankfully, and the cops make a good cup of tea.

smokey0123
20-09-2008, 03:26 PM
careful you dont do something to infringe the dirty criminals human rights, they know the law very well in my experience and following them shows intent. they obviously deserve to have accupuncture in a lemon, but sadly the world is just not that fair..... i ran after a drunk guy who punched my old golfs wing mirror off and sat on him with some help from a neighbour, when the police turned up i was taken away for 'intent to cause bodily harm' because i had gone after him. if i had left him to run away and given the police a description i would have been alright. nothing came of it thankfully, and the cops make a good cup of tea.

U should of just give him a hiding and took off him what the damage would of cost while he was laying on the floor. Some (most?) of the police are useless.

SEMKY
20-09-2008, 03:38 PM
U should of just give him a hiding and took off him what the damage would of cost while he was laying on the floor. Some (most?) of the police are useless.

Its not the Police that are the problem though, they are bound by stupid stupid rules created by hug-a-thuggers that somehow have managed to get into positions of power, and taken away the police power to do pretty much anything!!!!!!!:rant:

philla4tdi
21-09-2008, 07:41 AM
Its not the Police that are the problem though, they are bound by stupid stupid rules created by hug-a-thuggers that somehow have managed to get into positions of power, and taken away the police power to do pretty much anything!!!!!!!:rant:

the police were as annoyed as i was... it was just this little pikey that said i hit him (me? shouldnt have hit my car then...) so he wanted to do me for ABH, the fact there was a trail of blood from my motor to the pile he was in ment nothing apparantly, as does the excuse ' he started it'! the police were fair and did what they had to i think. the best part was the time it took to get the pikey through the cop shop, his hand had doubled in size and the alcohol was waring off so he felt all the pain! haa haa!

Brandenburger
21-09-2008, 10:33 AM
F***ing Vw drivers........;)

SEMKY
21-09-2008, 11:23 AM
the police were as annoyed as i was... it was just this little pikey that said i hit him (me? shouldnt have hit my car then...) so he wanted to do me for ABH, the fact there was a trail of blood from my motor to the pile he was in ment nothing apparantly, as does the excuse ' he started it'! the police were fair and did what they had to i think. the best part was the time it took to get the pikey through the cop shop, his hand had doubled in size and the alcohol was waring off so he felt all the pain! haa haa!

At least there was some justice done!!! I would have been ROTFLMAO!!!!! (if I wasnt getting done at the same time that is!!:biglaugh:)

Golf_TDI
25-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Did you find the guy in the black passat then?

SEMKY
25-09-2008, 10:01 AM

Not yet mate, but I am still looking....have asked a contact in the Police to have a look-see on the QT.....this the little ******* will get away with it this time though:zx11:

SEMKY
25-09-2008, 10:01 AM

Not yet mate, but I am still looking....have asked a contact in the Police to have a look-see on the QT.....looks like the little ******* will get away with it this time though:zx11:

Golf_TDI
25-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Not yet mate, but I am still looking....have asked a contact in the Police to have a look-see on the QT.....looks like the little ******* will get away with it this time though:zx11:

To be honest, I think its the best thing to do.. the insurance will end up shagging him and possibly your neighbour aswell, then they'll settle 50/50.. its a freaking horrible world out there!

SEMKY
25-09-2008, 02:45 PM
To be honest, I think its the best thing to do.. the insurance will end up shagging him and possibly your neighbour aswell, then they'll settle 50/50.. its a freaking horrible world out there!

I can see your point but I seriously hope the insurance does end up 'what you said' him....he is scum and deserves whatever he gets....Still the Police have his number at least partially, a bunch of people in bodyshops in the area are on the look out, and hopefully he will get done for failing to stop too.....you never know??

Golf_TDI
25-09-2008, 05:13 PM
I can see your point but I seriously hope the insurance does end up 'what you said' him....he is scum and deserves whatever he gets....Still the Police have his number at least partially, a bunch of people in bodyshops in the area are on the look out, and hopefully he will get done for failing to stop too.....you never know??

We can always hope but you know how it is? They say what goes around comes around, so maybe it may happen to him..

I dont know, I never have good luck on the roads, last week some old bint pulled out infront of me from a giveway, I horned and she had the audacity to open her window and shout "why the hell are you horning for"?!