PDA

View Full Version : Knocking in side door/ door panel removal

AudiwantisanS3
01-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Car = A3 1.8T Sport (T reg)

There is a knocking noise coming from behind the door panel (passenger)
that tells me its there every time I go over a bump :zx11:.

If I give the door a gentle thump just before the interior handle I hear the noise but when knocking the door anywhere else it remains silent.

I can also hear the noise when shutting the door :aargh4:.

Before I work out how to get the door panel off....any ideas on this would help also....has anyone had the same and gound out what it was.

Thanks.

Keith.

window man
02-03-2008, 12:08 PM
is the window working ok up and down because sounds to me as something has worked loose?

JamieS
04-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Car = A3 1.8T Sport (T reg)

There is a knocking noise coming from behind the door panel (passenger)
that tells me its there every time I go over a bump :zx11:.

If I give the door a gentle thump just before the interior handle I hear the noise but when knocking the door anywhere else it remains silent.

I can also hear the noise when shutting the door :aargh4:.

Before I work out how to get the door panel off....any ideas on this would help also....has anyone had the same and gound out what it was.

Thanks.

Keith.

i have exactly the same problem and it bugs the hell out of me. mine is on the driver's side door. i have a feeling it's somethign to do with the door handle mechanism. Sounds like something loose inside... bumpy roads are infuriating!

window man
04-03-2008, 06:06 PM
behined the door handle is the motor for the wind mech they are alittle prone to working loose the thing is you ll have to take the panel of no matter what!its not as hard as it looks be brave lol!!!
any probs just let me know:o