PDA

View Full Version : GSM/Bluetooth kit connection to Blackberry Curve

waxedmind
18-09-2008, 10:24 AM
1. Does anyone know whether a cradle is available for Blackberry Curve?

2. As a back stop I use the BB bluetooth conns to car which works well for in/out calls but the Call History function does not synchronise so comes up with random garbage on the MMI screen. Does anyone know how to make the call history synch?

Kj5cott
11-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Hi, see my posting (below) which was posted surrounding the phone book transfer of contacts not syncing with the car. The same principle should apply to call logs so please try and let me know if you have any success.

Gents, I have had the same problem in the past and have spent nealry a year trying to get an answer from Blackberry and Audi. Good news is I;ve got the solution.

To ensure the contacts transfer to the phone book as displayed in the MMI screen do the following;

With your audi turned on and connected via bluetooth, disconnect and delete the pairing.
Switch your audi off ensuring the ignition is off too.
On you blackberry look at your email screen and hit the menu button and and select "view folder"
Scroll down and select "phone call logs"
Whilst holding the shift key scroll down to select all entries then delete them
Repeat step 4 & 5 but select "missed calls" instead of phone call logs
Now repair the blackberry with your audi.
Voila, the phone book will transfer.
The rationale for this fix is that the Blackberry memory stores all calls in a seperate part of its memory. if you delete the call logs from the phone screen i.e. when you select re-dial, this does not delete the items from the main "hidden" memory. The Bluetooth function tries to push the contacts from the "hidden"memory but becomes blocked due to its size. If you have not cleared the "hidden" memory in this way before you can have up to 9 months of call data stored in it which is too much for the bluetooth to handle.

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on and remember to clear the hidden memory every few months.

Cheers

Kevin