PDA

View Full Version : Venting Anger

CJW-Innit
17-09-2008, 11:12 PM
I doubt any of you own an Alfa Romeo on this but my Dad recently bought an 159 1.9 JTDM nice car. Alfa offered to Auto Delta it (Re-Map) for a small fee of £400!!! he agreed. Everything was fine first few days nice performance gain but then my dad started to notice the fuel consumption. 360 miles on a full 70 litre tank that is only 27mpg on a car that should be doing 45mpg.

I cannot wait to go to the dealers and see how they try and say its our fault. :zx11:

MalcQV
18-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Ouch. Don't own an Alfa but always fancied one.

SEMKY
18-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Ouch. Don't own an Alfa but always fancied one.

I very nearly bought (IE paid deposit) on an Alfa 156 GTA a few weeks back.....fortunately I had a nightmare involving a huge bottomless alfa shaped pit in which I was pouring my money...:Screem:

It was a stunning motor though!!!! Would be interested to see what Alfa have to say about your issue CJW!

MalcQV
18-09-2008, 12:21 PM
I am lead to believe the biggest issue with Alfa is or was their after sales service in the UK.

I know a few people with them some have had issues but then my Passat has had a few.

The Mrs influenced my decision not to buy an Alfa.

Combover
18-09-2008, 12:33 PM
When I worked for GE, I had 7 of the 8 Alfas off the road at the same time on the account I managed.

The after service is atrocious. I got my Rex from an Alfa dealer, who were excellent in their sales, but I would never buy one for the after service.

MalcQV
18-09-2008, 12:42 PM
That is bad. I think the cars have improved but that after sales needs fixing.

Combover
18-09-2008, 12:43 PM
It was 8 years ago when I managed that account!

I had them removed from my clients company car policy too!

MalcQV
18-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Let's hope for their sakes they have improved. If I would of bought an Alfa it would of been the 156. I think for the time they were more reliable than the 147. It would been a similar age to my Passat (2003) and now that is out of warranty I will service it and just leave stuff like cambelts to the dealer or probably an independent (A shame Crasher is so far away :mad:). So the Alfa would of followed in the same manner as my Passat.

Flying Scot
18-09-2008, 01:13 PM
My brother owned an Alfa 156 (3.2l) flying machine and a great looking car. Had a problem with the immobiliser and it spent 6 (yes six) weeks at the dealers while they all scratched their heads as they couldn’t get hold of a wiring diagram. My brother eventually bought one on ebay and gave it to them. I personally would have tied it to a brick and given it to them from 5 yards

SEMKY
18-09-2008, 02:06 PM
My brother owned an Alfa 156 (3.2l) flying machine and a great looking car. Had a problem with the immobiliser and it spent 6 (yes six) weeks at the dealers while they all scratched their heads as they couldn’t get hold of a wiring diagram. My brother eventually bought one on ebay and gave it to them. I personally would have tied it to a brick and given it to them from 5 yards

ROTFLMAO........

Everyone on the Alfa forum says the dealers are worse than useless....one chap had his cambelt done (3.2V6 GTA) at the most reputable one in the area....(the one I nearly bought from) and got it back running like a bag of spanners.....turns out the belt was one tooth out on one of the 4 cams!!!
Thats the sort of balls up dealers should not be making!!!!!!!!:yikes:

Hence why everyone uses the Indys!

MalcQV
18-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Sounds like at least some Alfa dealers have problems!

paul b
19-09-2008, 04:54 PM
One of my son's mates parents have an Alfa, a 159 TI I think.

It's a lovely car, fast, the interior is excellent.

But I'd hate to work on it. And I'd hate to send it to a garage. So I'd hate it anyway.

Paul

CJW-Innit
19-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Yer the TI's are really nice sports seats and really good 19's on them. They dealer has got back in touch and is not going to offer a refund they are blaming my Dad how dare they!.

MalcQV
22-09-2008, 07:54 AM
They are saying he is too heavy on his right foot? Sounds a bit weak to me. I would ask them to put the re-map back, though I guess they will want to charge for that.

Sounds like Alfa dealers (or at least this one) still have a lot to learn about customer services. It would certainly make me think twice now about buying one if I had to have serviced at the dealers.

CJW-Innit
22-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Yer they said they would take it out for free (so i should expect) then get him another unit at a discounted price. So they are expecting my Father to pay nearly double for there mistake. Yer on the customer service front they where pathetic my Father wanted a year old 159 estate 1.9jtdm he asked the guy to find him one. They had 6 but couldnt show us now so they would get in touch after they got the details of the cars. After 2 weeks they hadnt rung so in the end i found him a BARGIN! on Autotrader in Nottingham and we bought that. Mangoletsis is a joke everything looks good but as they say looks can be decieving.

MalcQV
22-09-2008, 12:58 PM
In Knutsford Cheshire?

CJW-Innit
22-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Yer i think its Kutsford. The guy we had was really nice and damn he could drive ha but just it seemed they didnt want to sell my Father a car.

SEMKY
22-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Yep Mango's is between Knutsford and Holmes Chapel....Tarporley I think...

It was those guys that were selling the GTA I looked at, and to be fair, they have refunded my non-refundable deposit despite me backing out of the sale, so fair play there! :bigok:
Its about the best thing I have heard about them though!:rolleyes:

Combover
22-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Thats where i bought my RX8 from. Have you been dealing with Rob?

SEMKY
22-09-2008, 05:03 PM
It was Jonathon I dealt with...top lad!

Combover
22-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Rob was brilliant too - well he would be - I was buying something off him!!

CJW-Innit
22-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Hmmm yer they where nice to us i have forgot the name of the person but yer they where really good with us but after we left it was like he couldnt be bothered looking for us.