01-02-2007, 06:10 PM
hi
i have a mk3 golf tdi 1996 - is there anything i can do to get more power?:(

dubburke
01-02-2007, 06:57 PM
hi
i have a mk3 golf tdi 1996 - is there anything i can do to get more power?:(
Lots, how much do you want?:D
I could sell you a set of 110 injectors for £75 = 20 bhp more;)

mk3 tdi
02-02-2007, 08:42 PM
cheers mate. how does it work ? any downsides? - if it can be guaranteed then ill go for it. 110 should be enough but is there anything else?

dubburke
02-02-2007, 09:41 PM
cheers mate. how does it work ? any downsides? - if it can be guaranteed then ill go for it. 110 should be enough but is there anything else?
No just plug and play;) its the cheapest way to get more power, you can also add a tuning box for another 20 bhp:D to give you 130, but you would need a boost controller to up the boost to control smoke with that combination. (the tuning box is not the best way but the cheapest)

ian
03-02-2007, 06:37 PM
(the tuning box is not the best way but the cheapest)

when tuning and modifying cars its always best to save up and get things done properly, i'd stay WELL away from so called tuning boxes, just read a few other posts about what some ppl have to say about them.

better off taking your time, saving up your money and use quality named products from well recognised and established companies.

other wise you could just end up doing more harm than good to your engine, beside you get miles better performance when you mod it right.

dubburke
03-02-2007, 06:52 PM
when tuning and modifying cars its always best to save up and get things done properly, i'd stay WELL away from so called tuning boxes, just read a few other posts about what some ppl have to say about them.

better off taking your time, saving up your money and use quality named products from well recognised and established companies.

other wise you could just end up doing more harm than good to your engine, beside you get miles better performance when you mod it right.
Like i said the cheapest, but not the best, it all depends on your wallet;) Injectors are the best start, then a custom chip, then its big money from there intercooler/turbo etc

devonutopia
03-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Get race520 injectors, VNT20 turbo, front mount IC, 11mm fuel pump, and some good mapping, and you might get close to 200bhp.... (with other decent mods too)

The (wallet) is your oyster. ;)

dubburke
03-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Get race520 injectors, VNT20 turbo, front mount IC, 11mm fuel pump, and some good mapping, and you might get close to 200bhp.... (with other decent mods too)

The (wallet) is your oyster. ;)
I would add a 130 bottom end to that list as the 90 bottom end will not take 200bhp for long:D

devonutopia
03-02-2007, 07:27 PM
I would add a 130 bottom end to that list as the 90 bottom end will not take 200bhp for long:D

Yup - that would be needed. Luckily enough I already have an entire 130 engine in mine so can push for silly silly power.

ian
03-02-2007, 07:32 PM
I would add a 130 bottom end to that list

what is this bottom end you refer to !! ??

dubburke
03-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Yup - that would be needed. Luckily enough I already have an entire 130 engine in mine so can push for silly silly power.
Yeah nice power you have, have you got uprated PD injectors?

dubburke
03-02-2007, 07:53 PM
what is this bottom end you refer to !! ??
The bottom half of the PD 130 Turbo as it is far stronger than the 90,100,110,115 engines

dubburke
03-02-2007, 07:56 PM
oops double post

ian
03-02-2007, 07:56 PM
ahh i see, im with you now.

cheers

NicholasP
08-02-2007, 07:46 PM
ive chipped my mk3 tdi up to 116bhp and it makes a big difference...

I was going to install some 0.205 injectors as well but didn't like the idea of straining the engine by blasting more fuel into it...

Im now thinking of replacing the (140,000 miles old..) inlet manifold with a perfomance one and replacing the air intake system...costs 375 installed..

Still thinking about it though. Do you guys think its worth it?

Or should I be modding other parts...?

tornadored7
10-03-2007, 11:09 AM

Hi Devon,

I've seen your presence and enthusiasm on the http://www.tdiclub.com (http://www.tdiclub.com/) forum.

I assume that when you said Race 520 you are reffering to the Fratelli Bosio Nozzles?

Would appreciate if you could kindly explain where you sourced these from ?, since I'm interested in PowerPlus 357/520s for my 1Z engine.

dubburke
10-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Hi Devon,

I've seen your presence and enthusiasm on the http://www.tdiclub.com (http://www.tdiclub.com/) forum.

I assume that when you said Race 520 you are reffering to the Fratelli Bosio Nozzles?

Would appreciate if you could kindly explain where you sourced these from ?, since I'm interested in PowerPlus 357/520s for my 1Z engine.
www.kermatdi.com (http://www.kermatdi.com) :beerchug:

tornadored7
13-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Thanks DB,

I was hoping that there might be a UK/European distributor for the Fratelli Bosio nozzles?

After all if FB are Italian, and Kerma is based in the US, it would be strange to buy the nozzles from the US.

dubburke
14-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Thanks DB,

I was hoping that there might be a UK/European distributor for the Fratelli Bosio nozzles?

After all if FB are Italian, and Kerma is based in the US, it would be strange to buy the nozzles from the US.
No i am afraid the only source of the nozzles is through Kerma, well worth it as the exchange rate is so good:beerchug:

tornadored7
14-03-2007, 12:30 AM
Advice appreciated DB.

Looks like I'll have to hold off the power upgrade for a while. At least until I have a better idea of some recently developed suspension issues.

mojogoes
24-03-2007, 01:25 AM
Hi there Devon hows the new turbo setup coming along i'll see you over at Pod in a few weeks time......for those who are wanting power upgrades in the way of stage 1 and 2 remaps for your tdi's we will gladly help out at www.rstuning.co.uk (http://www.rstuning.co.uk) do not be put off because of the Renault logo's and headings the founder of this company and myself are merging to head a one stop tuning shop based in Leeds.

We will be shortly taking stock of a brand new Dyno Dynamics rolling road plus emulators and currently have most all the hardware and soft-ware programmes to be able to remap most motors as i speak right now.
Not only will we be able to do first and second stage chip tuning we will also have the capability to take on the type of motor that has been highly modified........not only this but i have on hand a turbo company who can supply most if not all types of turbo's plus hybrids.

Our speciality will be to LIVE map those of you who have incorperated a lot of mods into your cars like Jason aka Devonutopia has done and myself......such as bigger nozzles , fmic , bigger turbo , fuel cooler , lift pump , larger fuel pump etc.

And hopefully at some stage down the road we will be installing said upgrades or setting up a sister company who will be carrying out this type of work..........if you do go onto the site and get in contact with Paul my partner i'm shaw he will pass you onto my goodself Steve.

P.S.........we have even got a map for the 2.0L tdi 16v 170ps which is around 215hp :beerchug: guy's.

Rake
27-03-2007, 12:38 PM
FYI - I have a few sets of .216 (P502) nozzles here in the UK.

They are not Bosio's but they have been well proven and tested and I'm running them on my T4 Transporter which has taken her from 102 bhp to 155.3

I can usualy be found here -

http://vwt4.forumsplace.com/forum-15.html&sid=41109159abcbadf43eeb10dc42f41723

the nozzles are a forum group buy that just keeps going forever !

Here is my map dyno too....

http://gallery.kiteforum.com/albums/albuu33/dyno.sized.jpg

Rake_722@hotmail.com

Regds.

Ron.

mk3 tdi
12-05-2007, 02:21 AM
ive chipped my mk3 tdi up to 116bhp and it makes a big difference...

I was going to install some 0.205 injectors as well but didn't like the idea of straining the engine by blasting more fuel into it...

Im now thinking of replacing the (140,000 miles old..) inlet manifold with a perfomance one and replacing the air intake system...costs 375 installed..

Still thinking about it though. Do you guys think its worth it?

Or should I be modding other parts...?

at the moment im still running 90bhp. i ve decided to sell and get a mint condition mk3 tdi instead of a mk4 gt tdi as i think its much more reliable, and if anything does pop its much cheaper to fix than £600 for a new turbo or gearbox (i know a few people that this has happened to)

do you know if they made a 110 in mk3 if so how can you tell?

when i find a decent mk3 ill be wanting about 115-125 bhp - how is your pickup with 116? i find that i cant pull out at junctions at peak times - i have to wait for a large gap in traffic.