PDA

View Full Version : Bora stuck door!

threadil
01-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Hi everyone,

Posted this on the maintenance section a while ago, and was wondering if anyone here had any thoughs about it....

Got a 02 Bora; a few weeks ago the rear passenger door would'nt open and is still firmly shut. The child lock is Not on, so dont know why it wont open???

Any idea's on how to get it open?

Plus would it get through an M.O.T like this?

Thanks for any help,
Lee.

Eshrules
01-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Hi everyone,

Posted this on the maintenance section a while ago, and was wondering if anyone here had any thoughs about it....

Got a 02 Bora; a few weeks ago the rear passenger door would'nt open and is still firmly shut. The child lock is Not on, so dont know why it wont open???

Any idea's on how to get it open?

Plus would it get through an M.O.T like this?

Thanks for any help,
Lee.

if it was fine prior to it 'jamming' id say either the lock has ceased or the door has simply stuck, have you tried having one person on the outside with the handle pulled and you inside pushing the door outwards. try to hear if the central locking is functioning properly too, could well be a lock has ceased.
as for the MOT, im almost certain it will fail if you cant open a door, its an emergency exit in effect.

threadil
02-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Cheers eshrules,

Yep i've already tried opening it with one person on either side - and it didnt budge, just felt like the inner door handle was gonna break.

Cant hear any central locking noise from that door, so it may well have ceased as you say.

Any idea how much it would be to fix?

Thanks.

Eshrules
02-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Cheers eshrules,

Yep i've already tried opening it with one person on either side - and it didnt budge, just felt like the inner door handle was gonna break.

Cant hear any central locking noise from that door, so it may well have ceased as you say.

Any idea how much it would be to fix?

Thanks.

that one, im afraid, i havent got a clue on, im not sure what you can do when your CL ceases like that, let me have a word with kid brother tonight, theres not a bodge in the world he hasnt heard of, he might have a few ideas.... ill let you know :beerchug: