PDA

View Full Version : Please Help My VW Golf MK4 Cab cutting out

golf4
17-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi all

Im a newbie to this forum, no settling in period, i need help....my VW Golf Cab 2000, has recently started to cut out when driving.

After 2 visits from the AA on the same day, the 1st claiming my fuel gauge was stuck and I was simply out of fuel, said he was 99.9% sure this was the problem and i would be safe to drive to Derby later day. So of course i filled up the tank, happily driving along 1 hour later it happens again, power loss and just stops in the middle of the road, as you can imagine i wanted to scream.

Enter 2nd visit from AA man, this one seemed to know what he was talking about although couldn't rectify the problem. Seemed to think it may be a 'relay 30' problem..... has anyone heard of this and knows what it does? He also identified the problem occurs when I go over 2500/3000 Rpm. So as you can imagine i had a slow crawl home.

I despertely need to take my car to a garage, dont want to use my local VW garage as im still geting over what they charged me in Jan for a brake problem.

Has anyone heard or know what this problem is, an aswer would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
Golf4:aargh4: