PDA

View Full Version : Factory Ipod Query

richrolo
17-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Good evening all,

Firstly I am a bit low tech when it comes to ICE and cars. I have a 58 S line with the ipod unit in the glovebox. I bought the ipod AMI adaptor cable and connected one end to my ipod nano 1st generation 2gb. The charging symbol came on the ipod, which indicated something was connected. I then turned the radio to MEDIA and it said no disc, SD or device connected. I am at a loss as to what the issue is. I have checked the manual and everything is as per it should be. The ipod is on the apporved list and the firmware is the latest.

Any ideas?

B6Andy101
18-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Try Media, Source, AMI

richrolo
22-09-2008, 08:35 PM
I have taken the cable out and put it back in, and tried it on 3 different ipods. The message I now get back is: 'the cable or device can not be supported'. The stereo is the standard on the A4 B8 S line... I have read somewhere that you can't use the ipod connector with the stereo?

Audi are not being particularly helpful on this one.

a8 tech
22-09-2008, 08:47 PM
What is the part number of the ami lead.There are two types of ami and two leads for ipod.I suspect you have the ami most bus adapter cable and not the ami can bus adapter cable.

If all the buttons are around the gear lever you have MOST AMI.

If all the buttons are on the radio you have CAN AMI.

You can now buy one lead that will work on both systems and the part number is 4F0 051 510 K

B6Andy101
22-09-2008, 08:49 PM
The 1st Generation Ipod will not work. But your Nano should be fine. Page 17 MMI Manual states:

The following can be supported:
ipod Mini (version1.3.0 & Higher)
iPod Nano
iPod 4th Generation (1.2.1 & Higher)
iPod 5th & 6th Generations
iPod Touch
iPhone

Other versions can not be supported.

richrolo
23-09-2008, 01:45 PM
What is the part number of the ami lead.There are two types of ami and two leads for ipod.I suspect you have the ami most bus adapter cable and not the ami can bus adapter cable.

If all the buttons are around the gear lever you have MOST AMI.

If all the buttons are on the radio you have CAN AMI.

You can now buy one lead that will work on both systems and the part number is 4F0 051 510 K

Hiya the part number i have on the invoice for the cable is 4F0 051 510 E and the stereo is the concert and is accessed from the dial at the centre of the stereo.

I think you may be right about the mismatch.

Rich