PDA

View Full Version : DIS - Service Interval Display

Piez
01-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Hi,

I have recently got 2004 A4 and would like to know should the service interval display move up and down in blocks of 100?

For instance if I drive 12 miles to work it knocks 100 miles off the service interval mileage, is this correct?

Thanks,

Piez

Dave Avant
01-02-2007, 02:46 PM
I think it does it in 25 miles blocks. depending on the driving style it may go down quicker.

I'm not sure, but it may mention it in the handbook. Frsh after a service and indicator reset, it just gives dashes for about 500miles until it works out the driving style etc and estimating the miles to next service.

Piez
02-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Come on guys, somebody else must have seen how the numbers drop off?

My car also seems to add a few hundred miles back on to the service interval if I do a good long run in it?? Very odd!

Dave Avant
02-02-2007, 03:46 PM
To be honest I haven't been looking closely at my service indicator.

Basically the computer calculates and recalculates depending on the driving style. So if you have been doing urban driving or short journies it could say for arguments sake 5000 miles to next service, then do some driving on the motorway it will go up to say 5500 miles. If you do motorway miles the miles to the next service will be more than if you did urban miles. Long journies are less demanding on the car than short ones, so longer service intervals if you spend your time on motorways and not town driving. :D

It gives a more specific service interval depending on how the car is driven.

If you have a DIS that displays the fuel tank range, you'll notice this does the samething, drive faster and in town your fuel consumption goes up reducing the distance you can get out of the tank. Get on the motorway and do more mpg the range will increase, same way the service indicator works.