PDA

View Full Version : DIS - easy question for you

richjthorpe
01-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Hi all,

How do you change the display of the DIS ? At the moment it's displaying the amount of miles I have left in the tank but I can't find a button that will change it to average mpg etc.

I've got an '03 1.8T.

Thanks, Richie.

Dave Avant
01-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Its on the end of the wiper stalk, and the reset button on the bottom about an inch inwards.

richjthorpe
01-02-2007, 02:50 PM
You know, that's where I thought it should be.......but it isn't !

What's going on there ?

Dave Avant
01-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Maybe the DIS fairy has run off withit.

I can't see yours as its a petrol being different to mine. Does it say its there in the handbook? Also have you used it before?

richjthorpe
01-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Fairies or Gremlins ?

I've had a mk3 Golf with it in that position, recently been driving a VW Touran (Hire Car) with a similar position so was quite surprised when I couldn't find it.

Do you think the stalk has been replaced by a lesser version ? Did they have lesser versions in the B6 ?

Richie.

madfella65
02-02-2007, 01:42 AM
If you do not have this button you do not have the Full DIS - this screen will display only the range left in the tank if there is no DIS

richjthorpe
02-02-2007, 09:51 AM
That's a bit of an ar$e. How difficult is it to install the full DIS or should I not bother even contemplating it ?

Richie.

Dave Avant
02-02-2007, 12:10 PM
DOH!! Was thinking whether or not the DIS was fitted, just seems strange that it displays just the range.

Don't think I would contemplate retro fitting it. But you never know you may be lucky, some options are half there like the loom and you have to get the computer part.

Teutonic_Tamer
24-02-2007, 11:59 AM
If you have the multi-function steering wheel, it is controlled from the buttons on the right. No MF steering wheel, and as others have stated, the rocker on the end of the wiper stalk, and the "reset" button on the lower edge of the wiper stalk.

If all these are missing - as others have stated, you have no "DIS".

Rgds