PDA

View Full Version : Tilting mirror?

Media116
01-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Does anyone know whether the tilting nearside mirror function (to aid reversing) is an optional or standard feature on the 3.0TDi quattro?

Our car is at the dealership now, and they have been trying to fix an inoperative mirror. First they said it was a problem with the mirror control/window switch unit. Now they are say that this funtion is only fitted to cars with electric memory seats!

Is this right?

Media116
03-02-2007, 09:19 AM
Hi there

This is Media's OH, it's actually my car and after three unreturned phone calls yesterday, the dealership tells me it will be ready to pick up (after its third two-day stay with them in seven weeks) later today. They also completely didn't believe me when I told them it was dumping its screen washer fluid, they as near as told me I was a silly woman :zx11: They discovered I was telling the truth during this last visit.
To be honest, I'm losing confidence in them and would really appreciate some input on the mirror issue. I now wonder if they are telling me that because they can't fix it?

Any opinions gratefully received!

Mrs Media ;)

PAH
15-02-2007, 04:39 PM
It is an extra, and I believe they are correct in saying it is part of EITHER the folding mirrors or electric seat package.

I have a 2006 3.0TDI S-line, and I do not have the auto-fold-down mirror when reversing. I also don't have electric seats or folding mirrors.