PDA

View Full Version : Jammed door lock

peegee
01-02-2007, 12:42 AM
I am having serious problems with my Sharan. The car is taking in water like a waterfall, the Drivers electric window does not work and the Drivers door lock is jammed open!!!!!!! I have had to leave the car door tied together because with the window down and unable to raise it I cannot access the door lock to check the problems...

I am so Fed up with this car that I am in two minds wether to sell it or not.. But at 84,000 miles it wont be worth much.

Any ideas on how to get over these problems...

andy e
01-02-2007, 06:21 PM
try cleaning drain holes under windscreen,lift bonnet look in the top corners under windscreen where bulkhead is there are 2 holes using a piece of stiff wire [old metal coathanger straightened is what i used] shove it down the holes u can hear it going down ,this should clear the drains. this is a common problem with the sharan,then lift carpets & dry the passenger footwell,all the electrics r there. do not use a hairdryer to dry them, unplug them & leave in a warm place 4 24 hrs a hopefully this should solve prblem, if not ecu shot try breakers 4 another 1

marty72
01-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Hi have you tryed to spray the latch on the door with WD40 and work it back and forth with a screw driver? As the latch has a mechanical mechanism its unlikely to be the control unit holding it in the open position.
:beerchug: M

Dan Stobbart
23-09-2010, 08:52 AM
This is an old thread but I'll add my own 'fix' as it's so simple !
(at least to get the door open again if not to fix the source of the problem).

Face away from the door and use your bum to shove the door shut hard (bum means you get some force but are less likely to dent the door but be careful with this).

This has instantly enabled the door to open on a couple of occasions on different cars. It seems that the door wasn't shut hard enough to begin with - causing some kind of freak jam of the mechanism.

(it may be there is a more in depth fix / adjustment of the mechanism needed but once the door was open I couldn't be bothered to go further !)

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/applied/misc/progress.gif