PDA

View Full Version : Auto Glym Aqua Wax

MSC
15-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Hi All

Bought some of this at the weekend as it can be applied whilst the car still wet. My plan is to have the car hand cleaned at one of them £5 hand car washes in Leeds (hot jet rinse, soap up, gentle cold rinse, hot air dry, chamois) and then Aqua Wax it. My questions are:

A) is this stuff any good? does it last long?

B) any benefit in applying more than one coat? If so, do I need to let it cure between coats?

I just want something that will keep the car protected until I have some time (god knows when!), and good weather, to clay, polish, seal and wax.

Cheers in advance guys!

M

Plife
15-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Hi All

Bought some of this at the weekend as it can be applied whilst the car still wet. My plan is to have the car hand cleaned at one of them £5 hand car washes in Leeds (hot jet rinse, soap up, gentle cold rinse, hot air dry, chamois) and then Aqua Wax it. My questions are:

A) is this stuff any good? does it last long?

B) any benefit in applying more than one coat? If so, do I need to let it cure between coats?

I just want something that will keep the car protected until I have some time (god knows when!), and good weather, to clay, polish, seal and wax.

Cheers in advance guys!

M
Not heard of it....but advise to stay clear of a £5 hand car wash......asking for swirls in the paintwork!

MSC
15-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the advice - what is it about the hand car washes that will cause the swirls etc - I thought it was automated car washes that do this?

The only things, other than water, that touch the car are the cloths used for soaping and the chamois - is it these?

a4Matt_tdi
15-09-2008, 05:19 PM
I think this wax has to be sprayed on whilst car is still wet, then dried? I use it at work on my car sometimes to give it a shine inbetween polish. I spray on after wash then jet wash it off then dry? No instructions tho only what valaters say to me lol.

smokey0123
15-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Not heard of it....but advise to stay clear of a £5 hand car wash......asking for swirls in the paintwork!

I agree with this, the £5 hand car washes do damage the paint. They normally just top up the buckets and the grit off all the cars stays in there and get on the sponge.