PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Baffled!!!

antisocial-adam
15-09-2008, 12:10 PM
hey folks,

i own a 2000 X reg leon 1.4 (AXP Engine code) and it has me absolutley baffled! :confused:

I came back after a 200 mile journey and the car drove perfectly. Because I was running low on fuel, I filled up and drove the car home. The next morning, the car refused to start!:aargh4:

After hours of investigation, I concluded that the fuel pump must have failed. I replaced the pump and housing for a second hand unit which I purchased from a local breakers. Turned the key and the car started 1st time! :biglaugh:

I drove the car for 1/2 a day without any problems, parked it up for 8 hours while i was at work. however after the 8 hour shift, the car refused to start again with the same symptoms.

the weird thing is, the car has a spark and has fuel up until the injectors but it still refuses to start. I have had many mechanics look at the car without any joy. It has been on a few diagnostic systems without any positive results. In the end, I took the car to the Seat main dealer - who "claim" they replaced the camshaft / crankshaft speed sensors as well as other things - but stil could not get the car running, despite having it for over 2 weeks.:1zhelp:

now i am absolutley baffled. if the main dealers could not get the car going...is there any hope? any help / guidance on what to do next would be greatly appreciated.

btw sorry for the long thread...but i had to get it all off my chest!

mluton
15-09-2008, 07:51 PM
you might have more luck over on http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/

Welcome to the forum