PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a Golf 16v engine into a Scirocco

carl perkins
23-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Well it seems the engine in my poor old GTX 8v needs a new engine, or at least a re-bore, so I'm looking into the possiblilty of having a 16v model fitted, most likely from a Golf GTI as these are fairly abundant in the UK. I'd like to know if anyone's done this before and how feasible it would be.

Cheers, Carl

stuart
23-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Hi

First of all, thanks for joining the site:)

I belive that this is possible, as they did make a 16v Scirocco, but not for the UK as far as I know, although there are a few about.

I can give you a contact in Leeds who may be able to advise you on what you will need to do, give Babs a call at Volksworks on 0113 245 7070 and see if he can help.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the venture

Stuart

carl perkins
02-09-2005, 10:29 AM
Thanks Stuart. It seems there's a few things to consider here anyway; connecting up the wiring loom from the new engine, exhaust manifold fitment and having to move the airbox for starters. Why didn't they import more 16v Sciroccos in the first place?!

Carl

stuart
03-09-2005, 08:11 AM
No problem, please keep us updated on the venture:) As with anything like this, nothing is impossible, just need to concider all the pitfalls you may come across.

It MUST be possible though, after all they did fit the 16v engine in them, so at least you know it will go in;)

Good luck, and please visit again

Stuart