PDA

View Full Version : Re sync Alhambra Key?

ericthehalfab
14-09-2008, 09:45 AM
After some unsuccessful searches on this great forum, I thought I would post a question (although I can't believe the info isn't already here).

I have renewed dead batteries in my 1.9 Tdi Alhambra but think I need to re sync as it does not talk to the car.

Haynes says the details are in the Owners Manual. I don't have an owners manual.

Does anyone know if there is a cunning way to re sync at home or is it a dealer job?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Robin Vitiello
01-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Hi there. I have an 02 1.9 tdi. I have checked the owners manual. This is what it says.

Synchronisation

If the vehicle cannot be opened by pressing the radio transmiter button it could be that the code of the key no longer matches that of the control unit in the vehicle. This can occur if the transmitter button is frequently pressed outside of the effective range of the system.
The infrared key must be resynchronised. The synchronisation process must be completed with one minute.
The necessay steps for the programming are:
1. Insert key into drivers door lock and turn three times forwards (unlock), before 5 seconds have elapsed (maximum). Each time hold it for 1/2 second in the unlock position. Remove key. The pilot light in the inner drivers door cover will flash to show the operation has been successfuly completed.

2. Press and hold 'close button (arrow 2 in diagram -This relates to the lock button on the key)

3. Press open button (arrow 1 - relates to the unlock button on the key) 3 times. Release 'close' button. The key has now been recoded. To check the system, the warning lamp in the door trim will flash and the light in the key will flash 5 times.

If any further infrared keys are being used, they must also be resynchronised. To do this, steps 2 to 4 must be carried out. This procedure must not last longer than 15 secinds for each key and must be carried out immediately after the synchronisation of the previous key

Notes.
The remote control key may only be synchronised when the electric windows have been closed.

Every time a key is synchronised all previous information is deleted, which means that if you wish to use several remote contro keys for the same car, you must synchronise them during this operation.

As I say this is taken from pages2.43 and 2.44 of the ownersmanual.

I have not had cause (yet) to try this so don'y know how well this works.

Good luck - Let me know if it does the job

All the best

Robin

ericthehalfab
01-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks Robin,

Will pluck up the courage to follow those steps and hope not to completely lock myself out of the car. Thanks again for taking the trouble to post the instructions.

Rob

Robin Vitiello
01-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Rob, if I read the booklet correctly, the manual unlocking will still work so you should still be able to use your motor

Regards

Robin

pufforeek
26-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Hi all, I have the same problem with the keys on my 97 model, I have tried to re sync my keys by following the instructions in my owners manual and still no joy. The book says after step 1 The pilot light in the inner drivers door cover will flash to show the operation has been successfuly completed but this does not happen with mine, Anybody got any ideas

Cheers in advance

David

jcrgordon
03-01-2009, 12:30 PM
:1zhelp:
I cannot get both my keys to sync. If I sync one key then the other is un-synced. I have followed the procedure in the manual to the letter but with no joy, although the instructions are slightly confusing - after step 1 should the key be removed from the lock or not? It says to repeat steps 2 to 4 (more confusion as there are only 3 steps listed :confused:) for the second key but the first key is still in the lock (if the instructions are followed to the letter).

Has anyone managed to successfully sync two keys? What did you do to achieve this?
Thanks,
John

jcrgordon
03-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Oh the embarassment! :o :Blush2: My brother, an AA patrolman, popped in and I asked him. He did what I had done ten time or more and got both remotes working first time. I don't know what he did that I didn't do. :confused:

watcha
27-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Hi all, I have the same problem with the keys on my 97 model, I have tried to re sync my keys by following the instructions in my owners manual and still no joy. The book says after step 1 The pilot light in the inner drivers door cover will flash to show the operation has been successfuly completed but this does not happen with mine, Anybody got any ideas

Cheers in advance

David

Hi... I own 53 plate Alhambra and replaced the battery in the remote. I followed the instructions to the letter... However, the LED in the door stayed on when I removed the key and did not, repeat not flash. I have checked the voltage of the batery at 2.32V...... any ideas?:zx11:

watcha
30-01-2009, 10:20 AM
Hi there. I have an 02 1.9 tdi. I have checked the owners manual. This is what it says.

Synchronisation

If the vehicle cannot be opened by pressing the radio transmiter button it could be that the code of the key no longer matches that of the control unit in the vehicle. This can occur if the transmitter button is frequently pressed outside of the effective range of the system.
The infrared key must be resynchronised. The synchronisation process must be completed with one minute.
The necessay steps for the programming are:
1. Insert key into drivers door lock and turn three times forwards (unlock), before 5 seconds have elapsed (maximum). Each time hold it for 1/2 second in the unlock position. Remove key. The pilot light in the inner drivers door cover will flash to show the operation has been successfuly completed.

2. Press and hold 'close button (arrow 2 in diagram -This relates to the lock button on the key)

3. Press open button (arrow 1 - relates to the unlock button on the key) 3 times. Release 'close' button. The key has now been recoded. To check the system, the warning lamp in the door trim will flash and the light in the key will flash 5 times.

If any further infrared keys are being used, they must also be resynchronised. To do this, steps 2 to 4 must be carried out. This procedure must not last longer than 15 secinds for each key and must be carried out immediately after the synchronisation of the previous key

Notes.
The remote control key may only be synchronised when the electric windows have been closed.

Every time a key is synchronised all previous information is deleted, which means that if you wish to use several remote contro keys for the same car, you must synchronise them during this operation.

As I say this is taken from pages2.43 and 2.44 of the ownersmanual.

I have not had cause (yet) to try this so don'y know how well this works.

Good luck - Let me know if it does the job

All the best

Robin

Watcha

This procedure is indeed in the Owners' Manual. However, I did not get a flashing Door led light, nor any beeps from the engine. I e-mailed Seat, they responded " thr procedure is a generic one, we encourage you to visit your local Seat garage for advice'. So, this opens the debate even more.

:1zhelp:watcha

BVR.Automotive
27-02-2009, 12:35 AM
Watcha

This procedure is indeed in the Owners' Manual. However, I did not get a flashing Door led light, nor any beeps from the engine. I e-mailed Seat, they responded " thr procedure is a generic one, we encourage you to visit your local Seat garage for advice'. So, this opens the debate even more.

:1zhelp:watcha

You need someone with ross tec, is easy to adapt with that, no messing around with sequences.

Dave