PDA

View Full Version : Question Concert 6 Cd Player

bikersrule
14-09-2008, 03:21 AM
Fellas

I am the proud owner of a silver A3 S Line (170) 07 and love it to bits.
A mate of mine (quite knowledgable) says he would not put 6 CD's in at the same time. Basically just use it as a single one. He also commented that nobody as really produced a front changer that works properly.
Surely Audi have done their homework.
Any ideas or should I ring an Audi main dealer and pose the same question? It would be a trail to take the car back and would this be covered under the warranty?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Bikersrule:beerchug:

paul b
14-09-2008, 08:57 PM
I would imagine there is something in the warranty about this.

However, it is a 6 disc changer, so use it as one. If it breaks, then Audi will have to get their backside in gear and fix it. If we were paranoid of discs jamming etc, then nobody would use them and would listen to the radio all day.

My boot mounted 6 disc changer works perfectly.

Paul

BDT
14-09-2008, 10:29 PM
One thing i would be careful about, On my nissan primastar, when the CD started playing up, and refused to eject the CD, Nissan refused to repair or replace the unit, because i had used copies instead of the original CD's

(It was only a single disc in dash player)

I went ballistic, because as far as i can see, what is the difference between original discs and copies??

It's just a way for them to wriggle out of they're responsibility's, and for the price of a replacement CD player, they have lost a valid customer, when i'm due to replace the van :D

(by the way, i have the original cd's at home, and i only copy them to use in the van, to prevent them becoming scratched and damaged {which seems to happen due to the increasing amount of speedbumps in britans roads])

bikersrule
15-09-2008, 05:15 AM
Cheers Paul

Thanks for your advice. I have had boot changers before and never had any bother. The guy at the audio shop said it was the front loaders that were not as reliable. like you say it is under warranty so I will probably give it a try.

BDT thanks for mentioning copies. I like you use copies from time to time so that is something to consider.

Cheers
Bikersrule

ikstece
19-09-2008, 12:33 AM
I've got audi symphony 6cd changer mounted in main console plus 6 cd in glove compartment which gave me 12 cd in total plus remarkable bose speakers x6 plus one huge behind rear headrests but it's only extra feature in my car for example i got manual windows in rear :D but i never sit there...

bikersrule
21-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Ikstece

Thanks for that. Sounds like a nice set up.

Les

ikstece
21-09-2008, 10:11 PM
sounds that's perfect word indeed I love it hopefully when i buy my dream a6 avant it would be loaded with sound as my current one