http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4738

post number 5 if anyone has time to look

:zx11:

Eshrules
31-01-2007, 11:53 PM
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4738

post number 5 if anyone has time to look

to be honest and IMO, give the dealer a choice, rectify the fault and extend the warranty in specific relation to the fault they identify, or give you your car and money back.....

depending on how long you've had it, they still have a responsibility and as all traders are, are bound by the sale of goods act.... keep us posted :beerchug:

darren74
01-02-2007, 01:16 AM
to be honest and IMO, give the dealer a choice, rectify the fault and extend the warranty in specific relation to the fault they identify, or give you your car and money back.....

depending on how long you've had it, they still have a responsibility and as all traders are, are bound by the sale of goods act.... keep us posted :beerchug:

had car now for 36 hours!!!!

Eshrules
01-02-2007, 01:10 PM
had car now for 36 hours!!!!

send it back to them.... tell them you dont want it back until its been rectified and you want a courtesy car in the meantime, if they refuse, tell them to shove the car and give you yours back :beerchug:

darren74
01-02-2007, 01:23 PM
send it back to them.... tell them you dont want it back until its been rectified and you want a courtesy car in the meantime, if they refuse, tell them to shove the car and give you yours back :beerchug:

oh they have it back alright. Took it yesterday morning and I've heard nowt as yet (got a skoda octavia tdi as courtesy car).

Fully aware of my rights as a consumer regarding second hand cars from dealers (also have some friends who work for Mercedes and Vauxhall who have given invaluable advice) and if its not fixed correctly, car plus cash back, please.

Eshrules
01-02-2007, 03:29 PM
good lad, i've just endured a poor dealer i had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with, based in stockport they claim to be the biggest independant trader around, they are the biggest farce around and are in the process of being investigated by trading standards LOL so i know exactly how you feel m8, keep us updated though and for now, enjoy the octavia LOL :beerchug: