PDA

View Full Version : Jabba remap

Marty1979
31-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Hi guys, I've just signed up as I've bought myself a Bora 1.9 Tdi. It's only the 100bhp model but I'm looking to visit Jabbasport sometime soon for a rolling road remap. Has anyone had any experiences with these, and how do they do after remap? i.e.can the clutches take the extra torque? Thanks guys.
Martin

devonutopia
31-01-2007, 07:46 PM
My Fabia (going back nearly 3 years now) was remapped by them after having a couple of other minor mods done. 154bhp. Was brilliant. The clutch didn't utter any concerns. I believe the clutch is similar to the pd130, and the pd130 clutches only start slipping when they're pushed up to 180+bhp. The pd100 copes well with 150ish.

The team up there are good. Mike's a demon remapper, Carole on reception is lovely, and the Xbox (assuming they've not upgraded) has Colin McRae III on it. :D

Marty1979
31-01-2007, 08:09 PM
That's just what I Wanted to hear, cheers man.

p.s. your motor sounds very impressive, 220bhp:approve:

devonutopia
31-01-2007, 08:46 PM
That's just what I Wanted to hear, cheers man.

p.s. your motor sounds very impressive, 220bhp:approve:

Hoping for 270+ bhp in the next couple of months. ;) All being well it will be one of the most powerful pd130s in the country. Looking into all kinds of different things for it - NOS being one of them.

Marty1979
31-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Mate that will absolutley fly, serioulsy. Fair play to you, and I hope all works out as well as you hope. Hopefully I'll get a glimpse of the beast some day.

T10HJS
20-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Hi guys, I've just signed up as I've bought myself a Bora 1.9 Tdi. It's only the 100bhp model but I'm looking to visit Jabbasport sometime soon for a rolling road remap. Has anyone had any experiences with these, and how do they do after remap? i.e.can the clutches take the extra torque? Thanks guys.
Martin

Hello, i am from the UK-MKIVS forum i own a 1.8T golf mk4 and i am going to jabba to get a remap and they have said if i can get 9 other people to get a remap they will give a 10%. please see my post and let me know if your interested. http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=21332#post21332

VanWheeler
20-02-2007, 06:26 PM
What figures have you been quoted for your remaps. I could do you a better deal on your own or as a group, but don't have the luxury of a rolling road. Cheers Mark

T10HJS
20-02-2007, 06:34 PM
What figures have you been quoted for your remaps. I could do you a better deal on your own or as a group, but don't have the luxury of a rolling road. Cheers Mark
How would we know that power gains we got then?
jabba have quoted me 270Bhp im going to stick with them as they are fitting me new sprkplugs/4bar FPR & FMIC with more discount.

VanWheeler
20-02-2007, 06:40 PM
How would we know that power gains we got then?
jabba have quoted me 270Bhp im going to stick with them as they are fitting me new sprkplugs/4bar FPR & FMIC with more discount.

Jayson @ chippedUk does all my maps and he has a dyno, so basically I use the same maps as him which a tried and tested. I take it you are currently running about 220ish?

Cheers Mark

T10HJS
20-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Jayson @ chippedUk does all my maps and he has a dyno, so basically I use the same maps as him which a tried and tested. I take it you are currently running about 220ish?

Cheers Mark
do you do custom maps? yes im around the 220bhp mark. the reason im going to jabba is they will customly map my car to get the most out of the modifications i have on my car.

VanWheeler
20-02-2007, 06:52 PM
do you do custom maps? yes im around the 220bhp mark. the reason im going to jabba is they will customly map my car to get the most out of the modifications i have on my car.

Yes, you tell me what you want and I tell Jayson @ ChippedUK and he'll do what you want. Cheers Mark

T10HJS
20-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Yes, you tell me what you want and I tell Jayson @ ChippedUK and he'll do what you want. Cheers Mark
like i said about i am buying a FMIC from jabba and they will be fitting it. i have heard good things from chippeduk dont get me wrong but i think im going to stick with jabba as i have seen results of a few cars that they have custom mapped.

devonutopia
20-02-2007, 07:12 PM
i think im going to stick with jabba as i have seen results of a few cars that they have custom mapped.

Lke mine? standard pd130, few hardware mods. Was 150 (green line) and now running the better of the two tuned lines.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/devonutopia/JABBAWITHNUMBERSsmall.jpg

T10HJS
20-02-2007, 07:21 PM
very nice ! another happy customer from jabba. i cant wait to get mine remapped just trying to get this group buy full up so every one can benefit from 10% discount

devonutopia
20-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Seen you've involved my main "haunt" on the internet too. :D

VanWheeler
21-02-2007, 12:52 AM
like i said about i am buying a FMIC from jabba and they will be fitting it. i have heard good things from chippeduk dont get me wrong but i think im going to stick with jabba as i have seen results of a few cars that they have custom mapped.

That's fine mate, just so you guys know. I'm available if anyone needs a remap. Thanks Mark