PDA

View Full Version : Question Anyone ever seen Power/torque curves for Tdi?

mikecb1
12-09-2008, 06:23 PM
I would be very interested to see detailed power and torque curves for the 2.0 TDi, particularly the 170 hp version. However, VW don't appear to include this info in any of their published blurb. All I can find is the peak figures.

Anyone know where this data is available?

Mike

Spudrig
12-09-2008, 07:37 PM
I would be very interested to see detailed power and torque curves for the 2.0 TDi, particularly the 170 hp version. However, VW don't appear to include this info in any of their published blurb. All I can find is the peak figures.

Anyone know where this data is available?

Mike

Mike try this link, its from the superchips.co.uk site. It will give power and torque curves for most cars. Here is the 2.0TDi for example
http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/vag20tdi170.pdf

Hope this helps!! But I do notice that it is producing 180bhp standard ratehr than 170 bhp:confused: and 359Nm rather than 350Nm

mikecb1
13-09-2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks Spudrig, that's very helpful. Just what I was seeking.

I wonder why VW are so coy about giving this data themselves?

:beerchug:

Mike

Spudrig
13-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks Spudrig, that's very helpful. Just what I was seeking.

I wonder why VW are so coy about giving this data themselves?

:beerchug:

Mike

I really don't know why they don't give it but in saying that I haven't seen other manufacturers give out this data either!!

jimgironde
14-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Spudrig, that link was quite interesting:beerchug:
I have just looked at the power curve for my 140 tdi and it shows it as 150:approve:. That is not be misreading the graph as it says in the narrative an increase of 35 to 185.

Hey everyone we have all got more powerful cars:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Spudrig
14-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Spudrig, that link was quite interesting:beerchug:
I have just looked at the power curve for my 140 tdi and it shows it as 150:approve:. That is not be misreading the graph as it says in the narrative an increase of 35 to 185.

Hey everyone we have all got more powerful cars:biglaugh::biglaugh:

And my 105bhp is a 118bhp YAY!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh: