PDA

View Full Version : Polo wing mirror

dazzles
31-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Some cretin has ripped off my silver colour coded wing mirror and the quote for replacement is £223 !! What a rip off ...this has prompted me to join this forum to see if things can be done more cheaply. Any suggestions?

passat boy
02-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Some cretin has ripped off my silver colour coded wing mirror and the quote for replacement is £223 !! What a rip off ...this has prompted me to join this forum to see if things can be done more cheaply. Any suggestions?

Yes society is full of them as well as in hell,try vw spares in west sussex 01903850924 or volksspares.co.uk and they cost around £35 but if you cant get your colour then take the closest match and get waterpaper(light sandpaper)and rub it down lightly then have halfords match up your colour in a can(£11) using your cars paint code(on sticker in your boot)and spray away(use primer £4 beforehand for a finer job).it doesent take brains just dont rush the job and make sure its in a warm room(dont asfixiate),fitting it is easy by removing the doorcard and undoing 3 screws and the connector plug.as a afterthought could it be the cretin saw their reflection in the mirror and got a fright prompting the removal by force?.

dazzles
02-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Thanks passat boy....I'll give it a go.....Ireally want to steer clear of the
main ********hips