PDA

View Full Version : I've done it too!!!!

law4778
11-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Just ordered mine too yesterday, dealer said it would be back end of january so i asked if i could have it a few weeks later he said yes so its 09 reg on the day they come out, but already thinking if i made the right choice with spec, i ve ordered,

Black paint
Truffle leather
Cruise control
DAB radio upgrade
Mats
Flat tyre indicator
Smoking pack (dont smoke just wanted the lid for storage)

Thinking of defo changing to black leather and maybe pewter grey but havent seen many pictures on this colour, rang dealer today he said i ve got about 6-7 wks to change until build week confirned, any suggestions anyone?

iroc
11-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Just ordered mine too yesterday, dealer said it would be back end of january so i asked if i could have it a few weeks later he said yes so its 09 reg on the day they come out, but already thinking if i made the right choice with spec, i ve ordered,

Black paint
Truffle leather
Cruise control
DAB radio upgrade
Mats
Flat tyre indicator
Smoking pack (dont smoke just wanted the lid for storage)

Thinking of defo changing to black leather and maybe pewter grey but havent seen many pictures on this colour, rang dealer today he said i ve got about 6-7 wks to change until build week confirned, any suggestions anyone?

Congrats law4778.
Re your spec, The black paint is a great choice IMO, Truffle, not sure about,
cruise is great if you do a lot of motorway driving, be wary of paying for DAB I have heard that it is going to be upgraded and it will not be backward compatible, Mats should be free.

Decisions, Decisions.:aargh4:

law4778
12-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Congrats law4778.
Re your spec, The black paint is a great choice IMO, Truffle, not sure about,
cruise is great if you do a lot of motorway driving, be wary of paying for DAB I have heard that it is going to be upgraded and it will not be backward compatible, Mats should be free.

Decisions, Decisions.:aargh4:

Hey iroc cheers forgot to put ive ordered winter pack too, regarding the DAB what do you mean by it wont be backward compatible?

Audi A4 Lover
12-09-2008, 11:20 AM
WOOW glad to hear yours in on its way. RE the DAB, I personall didnt bother, its alot of money and you can get alot of the stations on your regular radio,or just plug a portable DAB into the aux in?Just my opinopn, but then If I could of afforded it I would of, but Im skint (well I am now!). Black is deffinatly the right colour to go for, it just looks so good! Hope you enjoy it! :beerchug:

iroc
12-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Hey iroc cheers forgot to put ive ordered winter pack too, regarding the DAB what do you mean by it wont be backward compatible?

If you read the item in this link it will explain all. DAB+ is supposed to be on it's way and current receivers won't be able to pick up the broadcast.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/06/dab_fail/

chinnke
12-09-2008, 07:34 PM
See link for more details of Dab+

http://www.which.co.uk/reviews/digital-radios/page/dab-/

Basically, I wouldn't bother with Dab regardless of DAB+ coming along. I always thought FM was better than DAB from a sound quality point of view, and this article doesn't make me think any different.

Still, if it's Radio 5 you're after DAB isn't going to become obsolete over the new 3-4 years at least so it's worth considering for this station alone...