PDA

View Full Version : hi to all-newbie jetta owner

ROYKEANE
11-09-2008, 08:01 PM
hi all,
ive sold both my 02 passat 20v t and my 02 polo tdi sport and.......ended up with an 06 jetta tdi se.

i say ended up-i traded my two lovelelys in for a 54 plate golf 2.0 fsi gt,which sadly didnt get off the forecourt of my local vw dealer,the jetta was a dearer car and was my no extra cost replacement [worth around £1800 more]

its a shame to be leaving the passat forum but i m looking forward to swapping tales with fellow jetta owners.

cheers.

roy

[must get my avatar changed!]

sootyscottie
11-09-2008, 10:11 PM
so what happened that meant you didnt get the golf?

ROYKEANE
16-09-2008, 05:19 PM
sorry for the delay in replying sooty,

erm well a few things really.the yellow exhaust emissions light was on constantly,even after it was reset 3 times.when the garage took the car in,im told they renewed the 4 coils,then the ecu,the fuel pump,the small ecu that is connected to the fuel pump and numerous software downloads.obviously we ended up rejecting the car.ive since heard of 4 other cars with very similar problems but theyve all been audis.
i have to say the vw dealer were good to us all the way through,until it came to the exchange part.they wanted us to stick with it-im told that vw in germany have requested the car for inspection!.

have not heard another thing from them though.

roy