PDA

View Full Version : A4 door lock problems

A4 Driver
31-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Have a 2000 A4. Never had this problem before...my doors and trunk lid do not lock. I tried pressing the key fob and the power lock switch but they don't do anything. Only way for me to lock/unlock is to use the key. When I turn on the alarm, it beeps and lights blink but the doors do not lock. I checked the Central Locking System fuse but it seems OK. Is it a electrical wire or is it something that I would need to bring to the dealer? If it's something simple for me to fix, don't want to bring it to the dealer. I appreciate any help/suggestions you can provide.

MCCLATCHIE
31-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Pre 2001 model a4 the door locks work off of a pump found inside the boot
2001 onward models are all electric working off of a convenience unit. This can be found under the carpet N/S/F the problem with it being under the carpet is that,if the lid on the pollen filter splits or the drain off holes under the battery get blocked water gets into the car under the carpet
and can damage the unit.
Check the pollen filter cover,the rear flange is made to be flexible so you can change the filter .When removing this cover the back flange can split.

A4 Driver
07-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Thanks MCCLATCHIE for the input.

I'm actually not too good with cars so not sure if I know what exactly to do. Where is this boot located? I'm wondering if I should just take it back to the dealer but I've been reading other posts with similar problems and they said the pump could be the culprit, which is pretty expensive. Any ideas for a novice, like me, without going back to the dealer? Much appreciated.

MCCLATCHIE
07-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Hi My A4 is a 2001 model audi changed of lock controls to electric They
are run by a ECU convenience unit.
ON pre 2001 models be for the Y PLATE as I understand they are run by a PUMP haines do a Manual for these models. You may get details from this.

prav
19-10-2007, 09:27 PM
have an Audi A4 1.9 TDi 03 plate. When i arm the car the passenger side back door does not lock. I also noticed that when i armed the car, the indicator light did not flash, also the front side passenger door red LED flashed rapidly 6-7 times then stayed on stationery for approx 15-20 seconds then intermited as normal.

I would appreciate it if you could give me some feed-back on the above.

Thanks

Prav

MCCLATCHIE
20-10-2007, 09:26 AM
have an Audi A4 1.9 TDi 03 plate. When i arm the car the passenger side back door does not lock. I also noticed that when i armed the car, the indicator light did not flash, also the front side passenger door red LED flashed rapidly 6-7 times then stayed on stationery for approx 15-20 seconds then intermited as normal.

I would appreciate it if you could give me some feed-back on the above.

Thanks

Prav
Hi I had all these problems both of my back door locks started playing up
my doors were not unlocking until I put the keys in started the car.
I would first check for water under the carpet in the passagers footwell
the control unit is under the carpet just below the seat. The carpets have
a foam backing with holds any water. Bad place to put a electrical unit,
If all is ok there you need to run vag-com test the convenance unit I think it is
channel 45 This test will run through all of the units functions sets off alarm
locks and unlocks doors etc.
I my self down loaded vag com free version 312 on to my laptop and got a lead from Ebay.
took me abount 6 months to sort it in the end I replaced both rear lock got them from Ebay or breaker and the control unit all abount total cost
£150 Main audi dealer in hitchen herts Quoted me starting at £600.

Check out all part numbers and look on ebay first Audi will not give me an part
numbers some I got from EURO PARTS VERY HELPFUL.

last of all you can now get a HAYNES manual.