PDA

View Full Version : I've done it!!!

Audi A4 Lover
10-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Well folks Iv done it, just backl from the dealer after ordering my scirocco. They recon it'l be ready about January, but I dont want i untill March anyway (slander I know!!) so theyre storing it for 2 months for me for free, how nice of them:D. Any-who, Im chuffed to bits!! Mines the 3rd to be sold from the dealership, another forum meber, who coincidentally has just recieved his 'rocco' being one of the other 2 from them. See sig for my spec:D:D:biglaugh::biglaugh::D:D

:beerchug:
Happy Happy Happy!

iroc
10-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Well folks Iv done it, just backl from the dealer after ordering my scirocco. They recon it'l be ready about January, but I dont want i untill March anyway (slander I know!!) so theyre storing it for 2 months for me for free, how nice of them:D. Any-who, Im chuffed to bits!! Mines the 3rd to be sold from the dealership, another forum meber, who coincidentally has just recieved his 'rocco' being one of the other 2 from them. See sig for my spec:D:D:biglaugh::biglaugh::D:D

:beerchug:
Happy Happy Happy!

Nice one Chris. Good choice of colour [IMO]:D.:banana::fest30:

Audi A4 Lover
11-09-2008, 11:32 AM
I know, the next 6 months are going to draaaaaag,but Im so looking forward to it! Hows life so far with yours?ANythign annoying you yet? I have one slight concern about the order form for mine, I've just been looking over it, and paul hasnt listed the DSG. However from the pricing it looks like its been included. I hope it doesnt get missed off the order!:(

engineermk
11-09-2008, 03:16 PM
I know, the next 6 months are going to draaaaaag,but Im so looking forward to it!

Ten yrs ago I waited 6 months for my Golf GTi 1.8T to be delivered... it was one of the first in the UK. It was a long wait made worse by seeing a german registered 1.8T parked at the gym most weeks (i live near VW's UK head office). But when the car finally arrived it was well worth the wait.

iroc
11-09-2008, 09:07 PM
I know, the next 6 months are going to draaaaaag,but Im so looking forward to it! Hows life so far with yours?ANythign annoying you yet? I have one slight concern about the order form for mine, I've just been looking over it, and paul hasnt listed the DSG. However from the pricing it looks like its been included. I hope it doesnt get missed off the order!:(

Not got anything to complain about as yet with either the car or the dealership.

Re your order form the DSG gearbox isn't shown seperately it will show basic price of £18953 then if you add VAT at 17.5% it gives you £22270:beerchug:

robbogee
19-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Couldn't wait umpteen months for a factory order with the spec I would have gone for, so I've fallen for the hype and expect to pick up my silver DSG with leather and winter pack in 10 days' time. There's also the issue of falling S/H value of my '05 Golf GTi with the Mk VI coming soon. No cruise control - but who needs it these days. It's redundant on our twisty Welsh roads, but I might be sorry if I ever take a trip on the Continent.
Not much room in the armrest or door pockets so I'm going to have to clean up my act just when I was getting used to the bottle opener in the GTi!
Are dealers telling the truth when they say 12 weeks for factory orders?

iroc
19-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Welcome robbogee.

Some dealers are quoting 4-5 months and if you want xenons it's longer.

Congrats on the new car.

What was your first choice?

robbogee
19-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Welcome robbogee.

Some dealers are quoting 4-5 months and if you want xenons it's longer.

Congrats on the new car.

What was your first choice?

It would have been DSG, possibly blue (hate washing black so often), maybe cruise control, mats (EXTRA!!!), possibly reverse warning for my wife, and cloth upholstery. Never had leather, and never really wanted it, but I'm sure I'll wonder how I've done without it all these years.

iroc
20-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Cruise is apparently an easy addition. The rear parking sensors are available aftermarket {i've been quoted £199.}.

From what I understand the only ones with cloth are basic spec red ones at the moment.

I know where their are is a blue one available but to late now.:banghead:

Audi A4 Lover
20-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Cruise is an easy upgrade, it can be done diy but only if your confident at what your doing as it involves splicing into the existing wiring as opposed to just plugging it in, and it needs activating with vag-com. Theres plenty of special companies who will fit it for less than the dealer though, however I think ill have a go throwing it in myself. Good choice on the car, sounds a good spec. Enjoy it and get some photos up when it arrives:D

robbogee
20-09-2008, 09:08 PM
It would have been DSG, possibly blue (hate washing black so often), maybe cruise control, mats (EXTRA!!!), possibly reverse warning for my wife, and cloth upholstery. Never had leather, and never really wanted it, but I'm sure I'll wonder how I've done without it all these years.

AND a flat tyre indicator. My Golf has it and it has deployed once. It is a useful early warning of a possible problem and well worth the money. Not sure I can say the same for the expensive satnav/dvd/HDD though - which I am not having on mine. The screen is quite low down and apart from the inconvenience of having to remove it when you park, a TomTom is a much cheaper alternative. Depends how keen you are on toys I suppose!