PDA

View Full Version : S-line Bumper

Red Avant
10-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Hi everybody,

I have a b7 avant se and i want to fit an s-line front bumper and grill to improve the look. Is this a straightforward swap over or are there other items i need to buy. I have the bumper and grill at the moment and hope my spotlights from the se will fit the s-line bumper with new black inserts.
Also I have been quoted £125 to have the bumper painted. This is with me dropping the bumper in on it's own etc. Chips away quoted me £220 which i thought was a bit much but have just had the other quote from a local body shop. Does that sound ok or still too much.
Any advice appreciated.
Cheers.

Oh nearly forgot, i want to lower the suspension to a similar height as the s-line. Anybody had any experience in doing the job or recommend what springs etc to use.
Cheers

Issac Hunt
10-09-2008, 10:05 AM
You might also need the number plate surround if its a different colour to your new grille?

Price for painting sounds good to me, just make sure its a good quality job before you hand over any cash!!

Red Avant
10-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Thank's for the reply. They are apparently an approved bodyshop but as we all know that doesn't mean a thing. I'll let you know what it comes out like.
Cheers