PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light???????

paulrobs
30-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Hi,

I bought my girlfriend a 2001 1.6 beetle about 3 months ago and about a week ago the check engine light came on and has been on ever since (the light is not flashing). The car is running fine, any ideas or advice would be great.... thanks

devonutopia
30-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Could be something minor, but its worth scanning with VAGcom or taking to a dealership to have the ECU scanned for fault code/s.

If the car is going OK, it's probably just a ticky sensor, or maybe a momentary blip.

derekdublin
08-02-2007, 06:32 PM
is it possible to remove the bulb from the engine warning light?

Eshrules
16-02-2007, 01:02 PM
is it possible to remove the bulb from the engine warning light?

it probably would be, but if you had an infected leg, would you treat it or cover it up with cloth?

i know what id rather do... take the bulb out or address the problem that could be potentially dangerous for all you know..... i would honestly get the car scanned for fault codes and see whats causing the light to stay on, it doesnt come on for no reason im afraid :(

Eshrules
19-02-2007, 01:11 PM
no news from the OP?? would be nice if members could follow up on the situation :beerchug:

RickT
03-03-2007, 12:43 AM
VAG-COM all the way.... check the codes... it could just be a temp collent sensor for example which the car would still run fine..

in regards to the bulb..... no comment..

RicKT