PDA

View Full Version : BCA (British Car Auctions) MK5

JRichens
09-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Hi

I have been looking around at the moment to try and get the MK5 2.0 TDI 140bhp 3dr in Black.

I was pointed in the direction of the British Car Auctions, with my nearest auction house in Birmingham.

But to be able to bid or even see the bids you have to be in the trade and buying atleast 2 cars from them!

So I was wondering, where would people reccomend looking, as I know it's quite a good time to buy at this time in the market.

Regards
Joe

golf tdi 02
09-09-2008, 11:22 AM
to be fair if you have a ring around some vw audi garages they will source you one but auto trader is cheaper.
i have bought from auctions including bca and it is not all it is cracked up to be ie clutch os new front screen and you do not know if the g.box is up the spout ??/
as you do not get to drive it ??
try dieseltrader.co.uk or some independant garages ask around it is a buyers market at the mo with sales soooo crap

Issac Hunt
09-09-2008, 11:51 AM
I've bought cars from BCA before, I'm not a trader and only bought one car. It came with some warranty remaining (from VW) and the mileage was guaranteed. I think we paid about 3 grand less than our local dealer wanted for a similar car.

JRichens
09-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the quick replys!

Issac Hunt

How did you manage to use BCA if only buying one? Did you go to the place, or bid online? I wasn't aloud an online viewing ya see!?

I just know theres cheaper places to buy them than Autotrader, like auctions, but just where is the question at the moment. I'm going to try get hold of a few peeps in the trade I think.

Issac Hunt
09-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Me and my mate just turned up at the auction on the day and bought a car for him for cash.

hongkongstuey
09-09-2008, 05:42 PM
i trust the autotrader for one reason, you can look at and drive the car you are going to see, its where i got mine from, £2600 fsh, excellent condition and 1 owner with 64k gaurenteed miles. nuff said, not a mark on it and i love it. there are some absolute wrecks on autotrader if you go to birmingham to buy cars, but i dont. think most b5 passats were about 2800-3000 for a 99-00 model tdi, there were some with missing engine covers and dents but i obviously didnt buy them, they had more miles and less history