PDA

View Full Version : Towsure towbar on Audi A4

toolpusher
08-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Hi

Fitted a towsure towbar to my 2005 Audi Q saloon today. Have finished the mechanical part today and all looks well. Couple questions regards the electrics hope someone can help me with. I am fitting both the general electric plug and the 12S one for feeding a caravan.

Q For the 12S tow socket I have to fit a relay up fron near the battery all looks quite simple but I need to fit a small red wire to a "suitable ignition feed". Take it thats a feed thats live only when the ignition is on, where to I find that???

Q Do I need to take the car into a garge and have the diagnostics set up? I wont be worried if the reversing sensors is activated by the caravan and I got a removable ball hitch for when the caravan is not connected so I would rather live with the buzzing for the short time I am reversing a caravan.

regards

TP

Tony Soprano
24-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Q For the 12S tow socket I have to fit a relay up fron near the battery all looks quite simple but I need to fit a small red wire to a "suitable ignition feed". Take it thats a feed thats live only when the ignition is on, where to I find that???

TPIs there a 12v cigarette lighter/accessories socket in your luggage area? If there is you could use that to power your relay
:biglaugh:

toolpusher
24-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Hi

Yes thats the problem though my cig lighter works if the ignition is on or not

John