PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Injured B8!!!! & Accident Exchange??

steve1234
08-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Hello!

Well, I'll start this with a picture of my poor car that some idiot in a Alfa Romeo backed into as I was leaving a car park!!

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/1040192/1024/Picture-Box/Pic-1.jpg

As you may be able to guess, I wasn't terribly happy!!!

I phoned my local Audi Dealer (brighton Audi) and they put "Accident Exchange" in contact with me. Now, the question is, has anybody gone through a claim process with Accident exchnage before?? It all seems a bit to simple to believe as they have already booked it in for repair this week and are dealing with everything with the third party's insurer???

Any urgent help and feedback would be greatfully received as I'm a bit sceptical it can be as simple as it seems..........

Thanks and sorry for the sad picture. :(

2.7 S-line
08-09-2008, 02:46 PM
my wife had some idiot pull out into her as she drove past the exit of the services a few months ago

pretty minor cosmetic damage to her 2 year old mini cooper's wing - the accident exchange people were able to sort the claim/repair - picked the car up , left a brand new 2.0 Tdi passat hire car for her to use - she was offered something more sporty as her cooper was classed as a sports car on their system but she chose the passat - car came back a week later good as new - didn't cost a penny and was all handled very well (so yes for her it was that simple but who knows maybe she was lucky...)

mkc
08-09-2008, 02:49 PM
That's is unbelievable. I really am sorry for you and hope it is all sorted ASAP. How was the person in the Alfa about this? Did they blame you or anything? I witnessed an accident like this before and the person reversing out of the space jumped out of the car and went nuts at the person he had reversed into. Sorry I cannot comment on Accident Exchange.

steve1234
08-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Thanks guys, useful feedback regarding the mini repair.

The guy started by blaming me as he didn't see me (those LEDs should be brighter!!!) but then a very kind independent witness came over and sense prevailed. I think he'll just let the insurance handle it but only time will tell.

MKC, on a side note, your car looks great - love the colour and the interior trims look good, I think the silver beading helps them a lot, very classy!! :beerchug:

kodkod.84
08-09-2008, 03:59 PM
The reason why reversing sensors are so useful- for when cars and pedestrians pass behind you when you least expect it- hear the little beeps slam on the anchors. :D

steve1234
08-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Yes, but not to many X plate Alfa 156s come fully loaded!!!! Eyes are a useful reversing device as well.........

faticus
08-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Hi, STEVE1234.
I used ACCIDENT EXCHANGE last year , WOMEN DRIVER rear ended my avant while sat in traffic !
They dealt with everything and i mean everything. Phoned them up gave them the details and they brought me an A4 2.0l tdi s-line !:biglaugh:. Personally i would deal with them again- totally straight forward.

steve1234
08-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Great, thanks for that.

I have to say that so far they have been superb and are apparently coming to get the car on Wednesday and leave me a 57 plate S-Line 2.0 TDi for the time being.

I may have to join the B7 forum again to give my views......:biglaugh:

Any further feedback greatfully received about accident exchange!!?

faticus
08-09-2008, 04:43 PM
The guy drove down from Glasgow , left me with a full tank of fuel. I took the car back to the repairers with about half a tank- no charge for the fuel. The repair was carried out at an Audi approved repair centre as Carlisle Audi don`t do accident repairs.

steve1234
08-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Sounds like a proper service then. Glad they used an Audi approved repairer as that must be a necessity with the bodywork warranty etc.......

Thanks.

kodkod.84
08-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Were you stationery when he hit you- if so is the Alfa Driver is blind as.

Look at the massive gap he has between his car and yours.

That's why if I see someone reversing out I just let them out before attempting to pass them, safer that way.

steve1234
08-09-2008, 05:34 PM
I was moving at about 10mph through a car park, he slammed it in reverse and was going backwards out of the space, he must be blind as he hadn't even moved as I was approaching......

The twinkly LED driving lamps didn't help! I think with some people nothing would as they're in their own little worlds!!!!

B6Andy101
08-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Yes, but not to many X plate Alfa 156s come fully loaded!!!! Eyes are a useful reversing device as well.........

Did you offer any assistance with turning her head through 720 degrees. [edit "his" - sorry just assumed, wrists slapped]
Hope you get it sorted, gutted for you.

alexcf
08-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Hey Steve,

How do you find Brighton Audi, as I'm in Brighton and they've not been that great if im honest... :/

Sourced my motor from Hudders!

steve1234
09-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Hi Alex,

Brighton Audi have been OK to me, I've bought a few cars form them but I have to say I am the easiest customer ever as I never test drive and just tell them the car and spec I want - and then argue about the price of course - but they were OK.

I have to say though the good news is in my experience the service side of Brighton Audi is top notch and I'd have no hesitation in recommending them, very reasonably priced as well for an Audi dealer. Strangely though, I have heard that the labour cost at Worthing Audi (also part of Caffyns) is cheaper so I will investigate when the time for service comes.

Anyway, my car is getting taken away tomorrow to get fixed so I need to start clearing all of my rubbish out of it!!!!!

alexcf
10-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Hi Steve,

Hmmm! Alright, would be interested to hear how it works out. Really sorry to hear about your baby though, I'd be distraught if anything happened!! :(

I take it the CCTV didn't catch who did it?

alexcf
10-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Oops, my bad, re-read the post, you said it was an Alfa... :)

steve1234
10-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks Alex,

Yes, a blind man in an Alfa!!!! Fingers crossed it all sorts itself out - suffice to say I was not best pleased when it happened but at least I had a witness etc.

Red 2
10-09-2008, 08:23 PM
I was offered Accident Exchange but wary of delays in processing through Direct Line,I ended up going direct to the Audi approved bodyshop and with whom Direct Line were happy to deal with.

Very similar damage except limited to a new door on my luckless A4...hit and run.:mad:

Got quotation a week past Monday, approved the same day and now in the bodyshop, coming back Friday. Must say the standard of repairwork on other cars looks excellent, just glad to maintain my warranty.:)

steve1234
18-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Hello.....

Just thought I'd give an update on the progress or incredible lack of it (!!!) with repairing my car!

Accident exchange took the car away last Wednesday and only got around to sending an assessor yesterday! In the mean time they have given me a low spec s-line B7 automatic which is not really the same. The frustrating thing is that my car was still totally driveable and I would have been happy to use it......

Anyway, now the authorisation is in they are quoting 9 - 10 days for the work to be done which seems ridiculous and this is not taking into account any time for getting the parts so I hope they will not be on back order.

I have to say I am not impressed by accident exchange at the moment as it seems a bit of a confilct of interests is going on - as they actually rent the insurance company the replacment car why not milk out the time scale a bit to get a bit more rental?? Maybe I'm just being cynical!!!!

(as a side issue it re-inforces to me how good the B8 is compared to the B7!)

Plife
18-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Hello.....

Just thought I'd give an update on the progress or incredible lack of it (!!!) with repairing my car!

Accident exchange took the car away last Wednesday and only got around to sending an assessor yesterday! In the mean time they have given me a low spec s-line B7 automatic which is not really the same. The frustrating thing is that my car was still totally driveable and I would have been happy to use it......

Anyway, now the authorisation is in they are quoting 9 - 10 days for the work to be done which seems ridiculous and this is not taking into account any time for getting the parts so I hope they will not be on back order.

I have to say I am not impressed by accident exchange at the moment as it seems a bit of a confilct of interests is going on - as they actually rent the insurance company the replacment car why not milk out the time scale a bit to get a bit more rental?? Maybe I'm just being cynical!!!!

(as a side issue it re-inforces to me how good the B8 is compared to the B7!)
That doesn't sound too good. You'd expect to have it back and fixed by now! 9 - 10 days....what the hell have they got to do?

steve1234
18-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks, my thoughts exactly!!! All they are doing is fitting 2 doors, I've had plenty of work done in the past on cars and expected this to take about 4 days to do...... :zx11:

They also are doing a full geometry check which seems a bit of an over-kill on a 10mph accident!!!! :biglaugh:

2.7 S-line
18-09-2008, 05:26 PM
are A4's cursed ?

some *#*+%$ ran into my car yesterday while it was parked - left a hand sized dent in the passenger side rear corner - didn't leave any details :zx11:

nowhere near as much damage as your car - but still really annoyed

been into bodyshop today - new rear bumper panel should be in end of next week - they estimate a 2 day turn around

directline are going to put me in an effing ford Ka as a replacement for the couple of days the repair is estimated to take (you thiought you had it rough with a b7 s-line PA! you don't know... blaa blaa blaa .... :D)

steve1234
19-09-2008, 02:51 PM
I feel your pain!!! and a 58 plate as well.........!!!!

On a plus side I had a Ford Ka given to me about 2 years ago as a loan car and I rather fell for the cheeky little thing!!! ;)

steve1234
03-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Hello!!

Just thought I'd finish this thread with the good news that my car is finally back!!!

It's taken a while and the majority of that wait has been down to using Accident Exchange. So be warned, they do seem to make things easy and maybe for a bigger prang the service would be good, but for a bit of damage where the car is still driveable the delays involved are very annoying!!!!!

A.E. Ledger bodyshop in Worthing (Audi Approved) have done a nice job of the paintwork, you'd never know. The only criticism was that the airbag light was left on meaning I had to pay an unexpected visit to the dealer who re-set the system.

All in all I am just happy to be re-united with my car, absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that!! :beerchug: