http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm133/manchestermerc/P9070046.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm133/manchestermerc/P9070041.jpg

wigit
07-09-2008, 10:09 PM
iroc enjoy....

last week in october for me as arrives slap bank in the middle of my holiday

law4778
07-09-2008, 10:32 PM
looks nice in black iroc but how come the cars we're seeing havent got the metal pedals like those from the golf gti and as shown on most pictures on the net also there missing the lid from the storage box infront of the gearstick with the 12v skt ? also has your new car got the twin air vents behind the armrest as it states they should in the brochure but the one i drove yesterday didnt also noticed your speeedo only goes up to 160mph not 180 like the previously mentioned pictures.

iroc
07-09-2008, 10:44 PM
law4778.
The lid in front of the gearstick will be when smoking pack is specced.
The metal pedals were probably put on for show cars
The rear air vents are under the seats
Speedo showing 160 mph and not 180, dont know but it only does 146 mph anyway.

Audi A4 Lover
08-09-2008, 11:08 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOO IROC!you lucky git you! I've still not ordered mine yet, the eyternal debate on colour is stil with me, black does look wonderfull, but having had 2 black cars previously I know how much of pain it can be to keep clean and also it shows up the scratches! Im seriously considering the shock factor with good old.....
http://motortorque.askaprice.com/images/news/inhouse/5625%5B1%5D-03.jpg

But Im still not sure. Hope you enjoy your scirocco! Keep me up to date with anything 'unusual' you find with it :D

jasongled1
08-09-2008, 11:24 AM
You lucky lucky man. Enjoy mate it looks gorgeous!!!:beerchug:

law4778
08-09-2008, 04:33 PM
law4778.
The lid in front of the gearstick will be when smoking pack is specced.
The metal pedals were probably put on for show cars
The rear air vents are under the seats
Speedo showing 160 mph and not 180, dont know but it only does 146 mph anyway.

the standard golf gti does about that speed but they have always had 180mph on the speedo.

iroc
08-09-2008, 07:54 PM
the standard golf gti does about that speed but they have always had 180mph on the speedo.

But this isn't a Golf GTI. Have you checked out the EOS as people say the dash layout is a mix of the 2.

iroc
08-09-2008, 07:57 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOO IROC!you lucky git you! I've still not ordered mine yet, the eyternal debate on colour is stil with me, black does look wonderfull, but having had 2 black cars previously I know how much of pain it can be to keep clean and also it shows up the scratches! Im seriously considering the shock factor with good old.....
http://motortorque.askaprice.com/images/news/inhouse/5625%5B1%5D-03.jpg

But Im still not sure. Hope you enjoy your scirocco! Keep me up to date with anything 'unusual' you find with it :D

Chris. Be carefull the Viper looks good at the moment but what will 1 or 2 years bring.??

law4778
08-09-2008, 08:58 PM
But this isn't a Golf GTI. Have you checked out the EOS as people say the dash layout is a mix of the 2.

i know but why are all the motoring jornos comparing the two?

law4778
08-09-2008, 09:06 PM
also iroc has your radio got the button that says phone, cant see it in your picture its just out of shot, the dealer has tried to fob me off with getting a parrot kit fitted but when i questioned him further he did say i can have the integrated bluetooth version that works through the highline computer and steering wheel, why are they tring to push the after market kits when there is the option of the factory fit option, im off to order it on wed and could do with some answers you seem like the best person to ask, what did your dealer say to about bluetooth when you ordered?

iroc
08-09-2008, 09:22 PM
i know but why are all the motoring jornos comparing the two?

All the reviews I have read comparing the two have been on the speed, handling and interior. I can't remember one that has mentioned the speedo only reading 160.

kesselrun
08-09-2008, 09:52 PM
That is a very nice motor mate - hope you get many happy miles from her!
:beerchug:

law4778
08-09-2008, 09:56 PM
All the reviews I have read comparing the two have been on the speed, handling and interior. I can't remember one that has mentioned the speedo only reading 160.

thats probably just me being sad and noticing every detail

iroc
08-09-2008, 10:18 PM
That is a very nice motor mate - hope you get many happy miles from her!
:beerchug:

Cheers m8

iroc
08-09-2008, 10:31 PM
thats probably just me being sad and noticing every detail

No it's not being sad, it's a lot of money to spend and you need to make sure you are getting what you want/expect.:fing02:

re your previous post yes the head unit does have a phone button but as far as I am aware there is no factory fitted bluetooth option at the moment, perhaps there will be at a later date.
I understand that you can operate a parrot kit via the MFSW with the addition of another lead.
And it costs about 1/3rd the price

ashadam
16-09-2008, 10:57 AM
I was just about to send pm for some pictures, as you know I am not really a fan. Although I will say your colour is by far the best and suits car, I've seen Silver and White in the flesh and really was not impressed in fact put me off car.

How is it driving?

iroc
16-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi ashadam, how you doing fella.

I am glad I swapped from white to black, saying that though I saw a white one in Wrexham VW last week and thought it looked sweet with the black sunroof.

Car drives brilliantly. I am really impressed coming from 6 cylinder BMW's that I have driven for the last few years I think this is a brilliant car for the money.

ryancooke
16-09-2008, 06:26 PM
I am glad I swapped from white to black, saying that though I saw a white one in Wrexham VW last week and thought it looked sweet with the black sunroof

yeah thats wrexham's demo car, it came to our head office today and im soooooo glad i chose white:biglaugh:.
wasnt so keen on black as like someone else has said ive had quite a few previous cars in black and thought id have a change, allthough it does look good.

we have the rising blue one as a fleet demo, which looks fantastic, a red one came in the other day which looks superb aswel as the black mouldingd break the colour up nicely, and a silver one as the vw demo car, which looked kinda normal, but still very nice indeed.

hope your enjoying your car, 5 months left for me :(

wullie636
24-09-2008, 11:15 PM
the car looks superb I would have liked to get the black but its not the easiest to look after but saying that it does look the busines. Hope you are enjoying it

iroc
26-09-2008, 02:02 PM
the car looks superb I would have liked to get the black but its not the easiest to look after but saying that it does look the busines. Hope you are enjoying it

Thanks mate. Yeah black is a pain but white is as bad, but one thing I don't mind is spending time keeping it clean.

Re enjoying it : All I can say is superb car.:banana:

Audi A4 Lover
26-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Iroc, have you any idea if I can get the DRL's turned off?I hate the thought of constantly driving round with them on. Paul at VW said it wasnt possible, but you seem to be a guru. (sorry its not thread related,but your here right now!)

iroc
26-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Hi Chris, My understanding is that you can have them turned off if you specify at time of order, so it's done at the factory.
But the expectation is that by 2011 all new cars will have to have them anyway. Whether VW are just getting prepared in advance who knows.:confused:
Hope this helps.

ashadam
26-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi Chris, My understanding is that you can have them turned off if you specify at time of order, so it's done at the factory.
But the expectation is that by 2011 all new cars will have to have them anyway. Whether VW are just getting prepared in advance who knows.:confused:
Hope this helps.

Audi's have a button which you can switch them off I am sure that would be the same with VW?

iroc
26-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Hi ashadam. No way to turn them off on the rocco, don't know if it can be done through vag-com.

ashadam
26-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Hi ashadam. No way to turn them off on the rocco, don't know if it can be done through vag-com.

I have no experience with vagcom so dont really know, I am not a fan of them but if vehicles has them what the heck.

hitachizx
05-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Good Bye GTI

Not sure if i have done the right thing, waved good bye to my GTI Edition 30 yesterday at the VW dealer and ordered a new Scirocco( now driving a loan polo) can any one tell me how long deliveries of factory orderd Scirocco's are taking as my dealer is a little vague on the subject even though he has taken my car and deposit. I hope the Scirocco drives as good as it looks. I was unsure about going for the DSG again which we had in the edition 30 its a good gearbox but not very involving to drive so we went for a manual.

iroc
05-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Good Bye GTI

Not sure if i have done the right thing, waved good bye to my GTI Edition 30 yesterday at the VW dealer and ordered a new Scirocco( now driving a loan polo) can any one tell me how long deliveries of factory orderd Scirocco's are taking as my dealer is a little vague on the subject even though he has taken my car and deposit. I hope the Scirocco drives as good as it looks. I was unsure about going for the DSG again which we had in the edition 30 its a good gearbox but not very involving to drive so we went for a manual.

Some dealers are saying 16 weeks for delivery. I suppose it depends on the dealer quota and how many of those have been sold. Have they not but an estimated delivery time on the order form?
If you are having xenons then these are holding up the production.

What spec have you ordered.

wigit
05-10-2008, 06:14 PM
hitatchizx, interesting your dealer has taken your ed30 of your hands already, did he give you a better trade in, 12-16 weeks seems the norm, all be it mine has been moving from bw 40 to 42 and maybe back to 41, i drove an ed30 with dsg and came to same opinion, my other half collected a manual gti pirelli yesterday so we will have an intersting comparison when the scirocco arrives, quote my dealer 'she will murder you in a straight line but you'll have her on the twisty stuff if you can catch her'