PDA

View Full Version : not over impressed

law4778
06-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Just been to test a manual today and wasn't blown away i didnt think it was that fast i test drove a standard golf gti the other week and it felt much quicker, but i have come to conclusion that it was probably because the engine only had 300 miles on it and the gti 30,000 miles does anyone think similar to me that has had a test drive, i also realised when i got home the ACC was set on normal and the top gear review says the ACC actually changes the throttle response aswell as the suspension, so my question is if id have had it on sport mode would it have felt more like a golf gti which is the effect i am wanting. I do really like the car its built well and i like the fact its just come out and is going to feel special for the next couple of years as im having to run the car for 5 years so i need to make the right desicion, also does anyone know about a bluetooth option as there is a phone button on the steering wheel, and the guy said you can get it built in but there is nothing on the option list in the brochure or website.

iroc
06-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Sorry you weren't impressed but as you say yourself after running in the engine would loosen up and be more responsive. The ACC does make a difference to the throttle response and also stiffens the chassis.
As regards the bluetooth option this is not available but I believe there is a premium phone kit that you can have fitted by the dealer {not sure how much or functions}.
What I would say is wait until later this year and see what the mkvi is like before making a decision {if you don't need one quick} or take out a new mkv gti to compare.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Audi A4 Lover
07-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Its a shame you didnt like the scirocco, I was blown away by it! But I drove the DSG, wich is an amzing gearbox and certainly worth having a 'go' of. I think a combination of a nicely run in engine and the DSG would be enough to change your mind. BUt then it depends what your used to, I imagine it would sem a bit sluggish if your used to an RS4/RS6 etc. Give it another go, Im sure youlll love it;)

engineermk
11-09-2008, 03:19 PM
My A3 has a 2.0T engine, for the first 500miles it was "tight". IMO full performance wasn't reached until 5000miles were completed when everything, including the suspension and tyres, were bedded in and i was used to the car.

Things were fairly similar on my previous two Golf GTi 1.8T's.

pete b
05-10-2008, 05:54 PM
I've had a Scirocco on order for nearly 9 months and today was able to have a test drive in a petrol GT/DSG
Order now cancelled!
What a t**d
Steering wheel too high, naff leather and awful visibility either in the tiddly RVM or through the side slits.
As for performance? What performance?
200 donkeys
Clueless salesman as well
Back to the drawing-board!

wigit
05-10-2008, 06:20 PM
pete, it is a chance you take when ordering unseen and undriven, alternatives no doubt linked to budget and what you are after, my list was s3 sportback and tt (similar thrills) also think a5 is a class motor, also toyed with 3 seriers,whsilt i would have loved more umph i am just waitng to a faster once comes out and will trade my in, fortunately the saving i have made given its list price has given me room for manouver