PDA

View Full Version : Help with Polo losing power

kgd
29-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Hi All

Can anyone help? I have a 2003 Polo Twist that has suddenly started to lose power intermittently. VW dealer have it now & all diagnostics are showing all OK. I think they are baffled any ideas anyone? Thank-u

passat boy
02-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Hi All

Can anyone help? I have a 2003 Polo Twist that has suddenly started to lose power intermittently. VW dealer have it now & all diagnostics are showing all OK. I think they are baffled any ideas anyone? Thank-u

Vw rely on electronics and not brains and thats sad.first start,how old is the fuel filter/air filter/ht leads/plugs/rotor&dist cap and sparkplugs.is there any corrosion on any wires etc.Your milage should be roughly 30k miles to 50k so you should have a service history.does the catalytic convertor rattle or if tapped by hand sound rattly(do it when cold or youll roast your hand)as a blockage can do this.any sensors attached to the airbox should be carefully cleaned(handle with care)as pollution from diesel trucks fouls them if driven in heavy traffic regulary.are there any vacuum lines or hoses loose or suspect?.

teekash
06-10-2013, 09:34 AM
I have a 2004 Polo which i recently got serviced and now an orange light appears and it looses power whilst i am driving. I have found this to be quite mind boggling, the little research i have done on the internet suggests it is related to the mass airflow sensor or traction control system.