PDA

View Full Version : New Touran

ROYGBIV10
29-01-2007, 04:39 PM
I am about to buy a new Touran 1.6 S.
How does it compare (power wise) to sy other 1.6`s. I have a Ford Fusion 1.6i at the moment.
I am worried that, because it is a larger body (heavier) it might be slower?

Matt B
02-02-2007, 02:00 PM
A 1.6i is the smallest engine in the touran, but will still be a bit nippy. I would say that it will be as quick as the fusion. Are you getting the new facelifted one? if you can stretch to a SE it will be worth it.

So you were the one that bought a fusion!!!!!!:Blush2:

If you don't need seven seats look at the golf plus, I had one as a loan car while by Touran was in for servicing and it was a good 'family' car.

I have a touran 2.0TDI Sport (had it from new for the last three years) and it has been a really good car, I do a lot of miles (30K a year) so the quick diesel has been perfect both for the performance and mpg. It really does shift on the motorway (for a family MPV anyway!!) and if I drive it Ok I get nearly 50mpg. I rarely use the third row seats so if you don't need them consider a golf plus.

ROYGBIV10
02-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Thanks,
It is going to be purchased via the Motability scheme. (I presumme it is the new version). the Fusion was good for the three years....Alan

michaelbird
03-12-2008, 06:10 PM
I had a 1.9 tdi it was a great car my friend had the 1.6 petrol,and found it very good on fuel it all boils down to how you drive it,but as a car i can fully recommend the touran