PDA

View Full Version : which colour?

law4778
05-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Hi everyone im new to the forum, but i am a VAG nut currently running an oct vrs mk1 and a fab vrs, also had a tt and 2 mk4 gtis, so thats the introduction, i am test driving the scirocco tom in huddersfield and all being well will be looking to place an order next week if i like it, but im just wondering what colours everyone has ordered, as i like the pewter grey but havent seen it in the flesh, the more i see pictures of the black i really like that, but dont want to be 12 months down the line and the only colour you see on the road is black like i find with the mk 5 gti, which i should mention i did want one of these but looks like i ve missed the boat on ordering a brand new one, anyway because im new to this and dont know what im doing is there anyone out there that can start a thread on people either putting the colour down of what they have ordered or people who like the car putting there fave colour for it, many thanks to all who read or reply.

Audi A4 Lover
05-09-2008, 03:54 PM
I think I'll be getting mine in blue.If you try searching you tube theres various videos of people road testing them, in a variety of different colours.Viper green looks very good,and I was very tempted by it, but now I think I've settled on the blue.

iroc
05-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Welcome law4778.

Don't worry about how many cars are in the same colour as yours, at the end of the day you buy it because you like it.

Anyway back to your question, there is a poll running on another forum and the results so far are

Candy White 32.1 %
Salsa red 10.7 %
Rising Blue 25 %
Pewter grey 10.7%
Shadow Blue 3.6%
Deep Black 17.9%.

Hope this helps

wigit
05-09-2008, 11:14 PM
i was chatting to my dealer as was thinking of swapping from rising blue to summatra. dealer reckons rising blue will be synonimous with the scirocco (viper might be infamous but would love to see one) as it is blue with the r32, contraversial?

i have not been a blue car fan and this has changed my mind, yes it should be easier to keep clean and hopfully not show up the stone chips and a change from the dark grey metallics of recent cars

law4778
06-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Welcome law4778.

Don't worry about how many cars are in the same colour as yours, at the end of the day you buy it because you like it.

Anyway back to your question, there is a poll running on another forum and the results so far are

Candy White 32.1 %
Salsa red 10.7 %
Rising Blue 25 %
Pewter grey 10.7%
Shadow Blue 3.6%
Deep Black 17.9%.

Hope this helps
thanks for that iroc it will help make my decision a little easier.

MarcusCole
27-02-2009, 08:56 PM
I've just ordered one in viper green, having seen one in the showroom that was already sold when I got there.

My jaw hit the floor and i started drooling..picture do not do the effect justice...of course the residuals may pay for this indulgence but i will spend the next three years from May with a big smile on my face

macmillions
27-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Good man. If I were to get one it would be in the green.

As my parents found out with owning a black car, you can never find it in a car park!

You'll never have that problem with Viper Green!

AL1874
24-04-2009, 02:37 PM
I've just got my Scirocco and it is in rising blue and it looks very nice indeed.

All the others that I've seen (and that's not that many to be honest) have been white.

Having said that, Germans are very conservative with car colours and every car in the Türk VW showroom was black when I picked up my LHD lights.

It looked like a bloody undertakers.

maisbitt
27-04-2009, 08:35 AM
I think the Scirocco is a strange car in that it looks so good in certain colours and bad in others. I currently have a Tornado Red Golf 170 GT Sport, and love the colour. I've seen a Red Scirocco and thought it looked awful - it looked like a Mazda 3.

I don't like white on a car generally, but went to the dealership yesterday and saw a Candy White Scirocco - it just suited it so well.

Viper Green looks good, but I don't think i'd have it on mine, Didn't like Black, Silver and Rising Blue both looked great.

I think i'll be ordering a Candy White or Rising Blue one for Sept.

Trouble with White is that it is the current trendy colour to have. It's been Black, then Red and now White in the non-metallics. But The Scirocco is still a relatively rare sight around Newcastle - I've seen more of them in the dealers than I have out on the open road.

Bit disappointed by the 170 TDI prices. £950 between 140 and 170TDI. On the Golf, the £1100 difference was justified by the cost of the DPF and twin pipes, better injectors as well as the power increase. The new CR versions of the 140 and 170 have same injectors, both have DPF and neither have twin pipes on the Scirocco. £950 seems excessive for what is effectively a remap.

wigit
27-04-2009, 11:06 PM
rising blue comes alive in the sunlight (when we get it)

http://s382.photobucket.com/albums/oo261/wigit71/gaydon2/?action=view&current=DSC_0173.jpg