PDA

View Full Version : Bluefin for the 2.0tdi 140 BHP.

Daytripper
29-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Hi guys

Once again I'm looking to pick your brains. I have recently been cruising around in the A6 3.0Tdi demo car for the past couple of months. Having now had my 2.0 tdi delivered I am noticing the lack of power. For this reason I am tempted to use the superchips bluefin to try and get a few more horses under the bonnet. Has anyone had any experience of this product? The 2.0tdi sounds like a tractor does anyone know how the remap will effect the refinement of the engine?

As always Cheers for your opinions

Mark.

devonutopia
29-01-2007, 02:19 PM
I will always recommend a proper remap over a plug in tuning box, but this bluefin is supposed to be OK, so an option to consider. But if you're spending a couple of hundred+ on a bluefin, why not spend a little more for a peace of mind (and more power) custom remap at a tuning garage?

Daytripper
29-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the response. The vehicle is a lease so I need to be able to swap back to standard spec before handing it back hence the bluefin.

Cheers

Mark.

Daytripper
29-01-2007, 04:06 PM
I have done a bit more homework on this subject and Angel Tuning look like they could be able to help. Has anyone had any dealings with this company?

devonutopia
29-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Heard of them, no knowledge of them. Celtic tuning are worth looking up as well. not sure where you're based but I could recommend a good local tuner if you post where you live. :)

Daytripper
29-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Cheers for your help on this, I am based in Suffolk.

devonutopia
29-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Not that clued up on Suffolk. :D

OK, looked it up on a map. I would say the nearest decent custom tuner is the one that I use - Jabbasport, a few miles east of Peterborough on the A47. Must be a fairly short journey for you, compared to the 4 hours for me. :D

Daytripper
29-01-2007, 09:32 PM
you will find Suffolk highlighted by the pimple on the **** end of no where! Cheers for your help on this one, any ideas if the remap is visible during standard servicing. Obviously I would tell them :D but just for the sake of curiosity

M

devonutopia
29-01-2007, 10:14 PM
It would be obvious on a test drive. If you wish to protect the map, tell them the car is remapped come service time and make sure they don't reflash your ECU.... Jabbasport can turn the car back to standard when you want - they store the standard map for you.

Daytripper
31-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Okay Devontopia whats your opinion on the AMD one click product £499 for a dongle, claiming around 170 BHP and extra 60 torque. Considering I can get a remap for £350 without the dongle it pains me to pay a shed load out on a bit of plastic but I need to be able to swap these around for service time. Any one else who can offer an opinion on AMD please chip in.

P.S: Jabbasport were top lads really impressed but I want the portable map option and they don't offer it....yet.

Raudi
09-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Any joy yet mark? I am looking for the same thing on an A4 1.8T lease car.