PDA

View Full Version : TDi Colour difference.....

Boraboy
29-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know why there are different colours on the TDI letters? Eg.. my car (1.9TDI Bora has the T and the D in Silver and the I in red...some have the TDI all in silver, some in all red....etc etc

Probably of no use whatsoever, but im curious...anyone know?

Thanks and have a great day!
Mark

Eshrules
29-01-2007, 11:30 AM
hi

just for future reference mate, the search function is a very useful tool, can sometimes be quicker and easier to search for the answer as opposed to posting....

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4321&page=2

take a look at the above, bottom of the page,youll find your answer there :beerchug:

Boraboy
29-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Cheers Fella..... I tried the search technique but it didnt show up...obviously I wasnt using the correct term for what I needed to search for!!!

Thanks anyway, at least I now know what they mean.... and I can slte my pal as he reckons his motor is quicker than mine! (All silver on his) ha ha

Eshrules
29-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Cheers Fella..... I tried the search technique but it didnt show up...obviously I wasnt using the correct term for what I needed to search for!!!

Thanks anyway, at least I now know what they mean.... and I can slte my pal as he reckons his motor is quicker than mine! (All silver on his) ha ha

oh i do love that feeling, mine thought his leon was faster, until i proved mine had 5 horses more and reminded him mine is a PD not a VE as his is.... :P cue a race on a 'private' road :biglaugh:

ian
29-01-2007, 02:11 PM
mine on the back has been badged GTI its a 150 as have checked the engine code. always best to check the log book or engine code to be sure.

Eshrules
29-01-2007, 02:48 PM
yes, certainly, as above, always check your engine code too, dont simply rely on the badge, as everyone knows these can be got fairly easily nowadays, try

http://www.doppel-wobber.de/

get the engine code for your car, either from the boot spare wheel well ( 2 white stickers) or the front of the car. :beerchug:

Apophis
29-01-2007, 03:05 PM
In the "ideal" world, TDI silver would be 100 bhp, TD red I would be 115 bhp, T red DI would be 130 bhp, and all red TDI is 150 bhp. Of course, as stated in above posts, people have changed badges, dealers have changed badges etc. So the only way to tell what engine you have is to look at the engine code stickers, found (a) in the boot area, and, (b) inside the front cover of the service book. The codes are:-
100 bhp--74 kilowatt----code ATD;
115 bhp--85 kw---------code AJM;
130 bhp--96 kw---------code ASZ;
150 bhp-110 kw---------code ARL.

Above are PD engines, 90 bhp and 110 bhp were VE engines.