PDA

View Full Version : Question octavia clicking hazard relay

neil whiston
03-09-2008, 04:57 PM
My 51 plate diesel estate has started clicking. After using the indicators, either way, the clicking continues from the area of the hazard warning push switch. Dont have a haynes manual for it Lights dont come on but clicking continues erratically for few seconds. Anyone seen this?

Buzz_B6
28-09-2008, 07:30 PM
The hazard light button controls your indicators. Yours is about to stop working.
Its about 25 for a new one from VW, and will take at least 2 minutes to swap it.

Hazard light switch failures are reasonably common on mk1 octavias

euroslap
29-09-2008, 11:54 AM
The hazard light button controls your indicators. Yours is about to stop working.
Its about 25 for a new one from VW, and will take at least 2 minutes to swap it.

Hazard light switch failures are reasonably common on mk1 octavias

Yes, very common fault amongst the VAG cars.

mario44
14-11-2008, 12:02 AM
My 51 plate diesel estate has started clicking. After using the indicators, either way, the clicking continues from the area of the hazard warning push switch. Dont have a haynes manual for it Lights dont come on but clicking continues erratically for few seconds. Anyone seen this?
If you have replaced the hazard button unit and the clicking still comes on I am afraid it is the indicator stalk assembly. I had this problem recently on my 2001 octavia (125k miles) stalk costs about £43 but fitting is a problem , steering wheel needs to be removed,airbag etc best done by a competent mechanic.