PDA

View Full Version : TT Temp Gauge

gaz160mph
03-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Has anyone heard of this!!

Just had a cambelt and water pump change on my TT 225BHP (2002) NOT by a an AUDI dealer.

Car runs perfect, although have now noticed that the temp gauge will sit at 90 Deg as usual but occasionally will drop down to about 70 Deg when I ease off but then returns to 90 Deg again. This only happens when on open roads, slowing down for other cars, roundabouts. Has yet to happen when driving in built up traffic.

Is this something to be concerned about??

Tks Gaz

kite
04-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Could be the thermostat is not working correctly
Have you tried checking the engine temp on the aircon display to see if that
matches the temp. gauge.
Have a look here on how to access the codes

http://www.wak-tt.com/tt/climatecontcodes.htm

gaz160mph
04-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Tks for the advice and the link.

Have looked at it, the only one I could see that would have anything to do with it was code 51 (Engine Coolant Temp). When the temp gauge is reading 90 Deg the reading on the air con is the same, when the needle drops to 70 no change on the air con reading. The needle comes back to 90 Deg within 30 secs!!!!

Looks like I'm going to have to plug it up to the Diagnostic computer at AUDI......

kite
04-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Tks for the advice and the link

Looks like I'm going to have to plug it up to the Diagnostic computer at AUDI......Or check the Vagcom section to see if someone in your area will scan your car !

as-tuning
22-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Could be the coolant temp sensor as it has a two sensor in one. One for the engine control unit and one for the gauge, the gauge side nearly also fails first. The a/c display is reading 90 still cause the engine side is ok still. Very common fault and cheap to sort out, might be worth changing first.