PDA

View Full Version : After cambelt and water pump change

shazzies
28-01-2007, 11:46 PM
Hi there, i recently had my audi tt serviced, as a result i had cambelt and water pump changed,well this weekend i went up to scotland and just got off the motorway when my drive belt snapped steering wheel tightened, i just wondered could having the cambelt changed disturbed the drivebelt. and is this an expensive job . :p :biglaugh: :approve: ;) x x x

auiron
29-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Hi there, i recently had my audi tt serviced, as a result i had cambelt and water pump changed,well this weekend i went up to scotland and just got off the motorway when my drive belt snapped steering wheel tightened, i just wondered could having the cambelt changed disturbed the drivebelt. and is this an expensive job . :p :biglaugh: :approve: ;) x x x

Hi shazzies, This link shows an Audi TT timing belt change: http://www.amp82.co.uk/tt/timingbelt/

The answer is an absolute yes, as the Drive Belt should have been changed at the same time.

shazzies
02-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks hun, audi sorted it straight away,but they did make a point, to say it was a belt for alternater that had snapped, which they said didnt have to be replaced when they recently changed the cambelt,but its sorted now free of charge. i do feel audi are up there own ar""""es, sorry for the expression:o