PDA

View Full Version : 56 Jetta Automatic Boot (tailgate) problem

collo
02-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Is anyone else experiencing problems with the automatic boot opening? The boot opens but does not spring up. If I try immediately after it then springs up. If I then leave it for a few hours I have the same problem with it not springing. I have had it into the dealer 4 times now and they have replaced the arms and springs aswell as the control unit but still the same problem. They are now trying to fob me off with the excuse that there is a build up of pressure in the boot that causes it. Any suggestions?

John S
21-11-2008, 02:38 PM
I have an 06 plate, Mine has never worked properly, it's hit and miss, sometimes it springs up sometimes not, does not seem to be any particular reason or circumstances when it does work? :confused:

FIBAMAN
12-02-2009, 04:36 PM
I have an 06 plate, Mine has never worked properly, it's hit and miss, sometimes it springs up sometimes not, does not seem to be any particular reason or circumstances when it does work? :confused:

Mine (56) is exactly the same, despite lubing every hinge , slide etc with silicone spray, it is no different

01V5
08-03-2009, 01:32 AM
Wouldn't it more have something to do with the spring that boosts it up?

jpjetta
08-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Is anyone else experiencing problems with the automatic boot opening? The boot opens but does not spring up. If I try immediately after it then springs up. If I then leave it for a few hours I have the same problem with it not springing. I have had it into the dealer 4 times now and they have replaced the arms and springs aswell as the control unit but still the same problem. They are now trying to fob me off with the excuse that there is a build up of pressure in the boot that causes it. Any suggestions? ithink it depends on how level the ground ie if on downwards hills seems not to open as good but on flat ground its fine ,mabe thats just me?????:aargh4:

beesleydog
29-04-2009, 03:49 PM
I to have the same problem with the boot opening.. seems to open and lift on the first press on the next press very slow. Think its just a design flaw.:confused:

FIBAMAN
29-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Is anyone else experiencing problems with the automatic boot opening? The boot opens but does not spring up. If I try immediately after it then springs up. If I then leave it for a few hours I have the same problem with it not springing. I have had it into the dealer 4 times now and they have replaced the arms and springs aswell as the control unit but still the same problem. They are now trying to fob me off with the excuse that there is a build up of pressure in the boot that causes it. Any suggestions?

What a load of cobblers, firstly, the boot is not hermetically sealed so pressure could not build up, secondly, if there was a build up of pressure it would push the lid open, tirdly , where is this pressure coming from.
Does this dealer think you are a cretin cos you believe this bs

01V5
13-05-2009, 03:47 PM
What a load of cobblers, firstly, the boot is not hermetically sealed so pressure could not build up, secondly, if there was a build up of pressure it would push the lid open, tirdly , where is this pressure coming from.
Does this dealer think you are a cretin cos you believe this bs
Yeah I agree... Dealers barely know what they're talking about most of the time.. Go to a mechanic or a mechanical engineer and ask them to take a look..