PDA

View Full Version : How much do you think your car is worth, where to sell it

PNS2007
02-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Well guys I have decided to sell my beloved Passat. Was really surprised at the px price the garage offerred me - £11K. Decided to sell myself now as dealers etc are still asking high prices and mine has a few extras and should be a safe bet with 12 months warrenty left on it. Where would you sell yours? I have decided on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=220276585450&Category=9873&_trksid=p3907.m29

(Mods - please remove if this is not allowed)

Do you think it is a reasonable advert?

Has anyone sold theirs, if so any pointers.

Thanks

mhurer
02-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Beautiful car mate, and worth every penny if not more.

I recently bought a SEL 170PS similar age to yours for £13k - they were advertising it originally for around £14.5k, so I would say yours has got to be worth what you are asking. Good luck with the sale.

Spudrig
02-09-2008, 10:35 PM
It really is a beautiful car, I would consider buying it and selling my own one, but my insurance company won't even give me a quote for a 170TDi as I'm only 18:mad:!! Good luck with the sale though!!

james_tiger_woo
03-09-2008, 10:57 AM
I think it is a shameless plug, but have you considered Autotrader and Pistonheads?

I would say, though, if this had been available at this price this time last year - I'd've snapped it up :)

PNS2007
03-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks for your kind comments. 18 months ago I paid a fiver short of 19K hence my question regarding value. I don't want to appear too greedy but there again I'm not going to give it away.

Thanks James for your suggestions, I might try autotrader next week (didn't think of that one!) although I've not heard of Pistonheads - but I will have a look now.

I've not sold a car of this price/sort privately before always relied on PX, but garages do seem to want it both ways these days, they give you bottom book price on your car yet charge top book prices for theirs!!!

I don't feel that there is any risk to the buyer with my car as it still has 12 months of the manufacturers warrenty and HPI checks are readily available now (not as it needs one though!)

Spudrig
03-09-2008, 05:38 PM
I hope you don't mind me asking, but I was just wondering, what are you thinking of buying after the Passat!??!

Aaftab
05-09-2008, 07:37 PM
nice car mate

Well guys I have decided to sell my beloved Passat. Was really surprised at the px price the garage offerred me - £11K. Decided to sell myself now as dealers etc are still asking high prices and mine has a few extras and should be a safe bet with 12 months warrenty left on it. Where would you sell yours? I have decided on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=220276585450&Category=9873&_trksid=p3907.m29

(Mods - please remove if this is not allowed)

Do you think it is a reasonable advert?

Has anyone sold theirs, if so any pointers.

Thanks

tr8
14-09-2008, 09:37 AM
It's worth more than mine:biglaugh:, picking up my new passat estate this week, and hand back my 3 years old B6 2.0tdi saloon (new estate was released later) full service history, 172k miles glad its a company car. Bet they wont get too many people with offers for it!!