PDA

View Full Version : where to get steel wheels 5x100 15''?

petr
02-09-2008, 12:22 PM
as per title really, want to get 4 steelies, brand new preferably and fit winter tyres on, it is for Fabia vRS but I understand that majority 5x100 VW wheels will also fit

do not seem to be able to find any place on internet (in UK) that would sell ordinary steel wheels

I know I can get steel rims from scrap yards/breakers but will try new first

Cheers

Eshrules
03-09-2008, 09:16 AM
mycarsavw is your man for this sort of thing, I think he's currently looking into sourcing similar for his passat.

Sam
03-09-2008, 09:57 AM
I tried for months to get my hand on some 5 x 112 steelies but gave up. The only model that carried them as standard was a Skoda Superb and no one opted for the steel wheel model.

Your best place, and it hurts to admit this, is probably ebay. Someone will undoubtably have bought new wheels for their Golf/Fabia/Polo etc and be wanting to flog the old steel rims.

If you have to have them brand new, contact one of our Supporting Companies (I use VAGParts myself) and get a price. They're much cheaper than you'd imagine.

bora(ing) nick
03-09-2008, 10:09 AM
as per title really, want to get 4 steelies, brand new preferably and fit winter tyres on, it is for Fabia vRS but I understand that majority 5x100 VW wheels will also fit

do not seem to be able to find any place on internet (in UK) that would sell ordinary steel wheels

I know I can get steel rims from scrap yards/breakers but will try new first

Cheers

I tried for months to get my hand on some 5 x 112 steelies but gave up. The only model that carried them as standard was a Skoda Superb and no one opted for the steel wheel model.

Your best place, and it hurts to admit this, is probably ebay. Someone will undoubtably have bought new wheels for their Golf/Fabia/Polo etc and be wanting to flog the old steel rims.

If you have to have them brand new, contact one of our Supporting Companies (I use VAGParts myself) and get a price. They're much cheaper than you'd imagine.

Ta Da!

I knew it.....

When i bought my Bora, it had said steelies on (195/50 R15) and i replaced them the next day with Audi RS8 Wheels. I got the car with very low milage on it, and hence the wheels and tyres were in pristine condition (as were the wheel trims).

I've had the car over 2 years now, and the wheels had been stored in my dad's back garden, plastic heat wrapped to protect eveything, until last weekend.

My Dad had had enough, and deciced to skip 'em.

Now is that what you call murphy's law?

So, if this had been posted last week, i could have helped :o

petr
03-09-2008, 10:31 AM
my typical luck...

petr
03-09-2008, 10:41 AM
So far I found this german site, but when it gets to paying it is all in german and I don't know what they want, they seem to ship outside Germany:

http://www.reifendirekt.com/Steel-wheels.html

Howard Littler
23-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Or if Huddersfield is a bit closer to you, try these guys...

www.wide-wheels.co.uk (http://www.wide-wheels.co.uk)

petr
24-09-2008, 11:21 AM
thanks, I got alloys with winter tyres on from different forum