PDA

View Full Version : Delivery brought forward and free Telephone Prep!

awtaylor
02-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Just received a call from my dealer advising me that my Avant had been damaged during the build process to such an extent that they will need to start from scratch!:aargh4: Audi have identified an identically specified car in UK physical stock with the addition of telephone preparation (low) that they will bear the cost of.:approve:

Guess this is one cloud with a silver lining and hope to get my hands on it next week!

Hex69
02-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Just received a call from my dealer advising me that my Avant had been damaged during the build process to such an extent that they will need to start from scratch!:aargh4: Audi have identified an identically specified car in UK physical stock with the addition of telephone preparation (low) that they will bear the cost of.:approve:

Guess this is one cloud with a silver lining and hope to get my hands on it next week!

How can they damage it so much building it :aargh4:

Sam
02-09-2008, 12:53 PM
How can they damage it so much building it :aargh4:

Friday afternoon + liquid lunch + rivet gun

Hex69
02-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Friday afternoon + liquid lunch + rivet gun

Says he, speaking from experience.......;)

Plife
02-09-2008, 01:37 PM

Hmmmm sounds odd.....sure the dealer actually ordered it!!! Well should mean you get it sooner and the added bonus of tel prep :biglaugh:

awtaylor
02-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Definitely ordered, received weekly updates from dealer and a build week. Obviously A4's are not subjected to the same build process as shown in the advert for the R8:biglaugh:

awtaylor
22-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Just to close this thread thought I would share what the dealer told me when I collected my car on 11th. Apparently mine was one of a few cars that "fell off a train":aargh4: during transit from the factory.

Anyway, got the car that I originally wanted in the end with telephone prep thrown in, which I have to say is a "must have" option. 375 miles so far and already had it easily swallowing some kitchen units - something that my B7 saloon certainly wouldn't have managed. Oh, and if you were interested the loading bay is exactly 1m wide;)

euroslap
22-09-2008, 09:31 AM
At the company I used to work for we had Vehicle transporters coming in straight from the factory daily, you honestly wouldn't beleive how many cars get seriously/irrepairably damaged being delivered in this manner. :mad:

kodkod.84
22-09-2008, 10:00 AM
I thought maybe your car got damaged in the big hail storm that affected a lot of VW/Audi cars a couple of months ago :D

awtaylor
22-09-2008, 12:14 PM
I thought maybe your car got damaged in the big hail storm that affected a lot of VW/Audi cars a couple of months ago :D

Hadn't been ordered then fortunately